Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Free service, Joining fee for permanent usage Or capped use

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goaussies1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject: Free service, Joining fee for permanent usage Or capped use Reply with quote

I don't use Gixen often enough to justify subscribing to the mirror, but as a thought, perhaps the FREE service could be limited to a certain number of successful snipes per year (or quarter). Then after that a small fee for successful snipes, capped at $2 for the year.
I realise this would require an account to be registered with Gixen. And that taking very small amounts out could be impractical. So perhaps a small joining fee for 5 year (or permanent) use of the "free" Gixen, allowing you to make unlimited snipes on the "free" Gixen? Those who don't join get a limited amount of snipes per year.
I certainly would be happy to pay $5 for permanent use of the "free" site. I believe in supporting a service I use, but that the fee needs to match the benefit to me. The mirror at $6 pa is not value to me as a low usage member
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just say that the implication that the free to use option is no longer available is incorrect, access to it might be limited by a short wait, but it hasn't been removed, and I don't see any indication that it will be at the moment. I also really don't think that a 60 second wait to schedule a snipe is that much of an imposition if you're only using it very infrequently. Please correct me and explain why I am wrong if this is not the case.

I think the option to buy and use 'Chunks' and the option to subscribe via 'Pay-Per-Use', both available on the Settings page, are also already aimed at low usage users.

There really are quite a few options available already for different levels of usage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.