Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Delete items from Watch List feature?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fonaticalbuyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Delete items from Watch List feature? Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Any possibility of an option to 'Delete Items From Watch List? Y/N' when using the 'Import Watch List' feature?

I use my eBay Watch List as a bridge between Gixen and the eBay searching tool that I use (Prospector) .

Prospector is many wonderful things and highly recommended - despite being Windows only, but it's tied to Internet Explorer for its browsing engine so I can't install AutoSnipe and simply add snipes to Gixen that way.

As it stands I may add up to 50 items to my watch list from Prospector and subsequently import them into Gixen - which works fine. But then I have to manually go through and delete items from the Watch List in My eBay. It would be great if [optionally] Gixen could do this for me at the time of importing from eBay.

Cheers,

Steve
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but no, for several reasons. The first one is that this is a very specific feature that would not be easy to implement and maintain, and that not many users would use anyway. The second one is that I don't want to make any feature that would modify user's account in any way.
fonaticalbuyer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But apart from those perfectly reasonable & understandable points, it's an OK idea? Smile

That makes sense Mario.

Cheers,

Steve
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it is Steve,

And you can probably achieve that functionality by combining Gixen and eBay API (one should check that this is OK with eBay's API policies, which may depend on the purpose of the application you are making).

All this, of course, involves significant development effort and cost, which may not be worth the benefit you are getting from it.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.