Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Minor glitch in reporting Status - perhaps needs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
the3coopers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:46 am    Post subject: Minor glitch in reporting Status - perhaps needs Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I lost a snipe today because I bid too low - Item 170116109743 - No problem with the snipe, but I notice that the "Status" on the Gixen page says BID UNDER ASKING PRICE. You'll see from Bid History that the original bidder was in there over a week before my bid of AU$55.98.

So, what would have happened is that the current price would have been $36.50, so Gixen would have submitted my bid. Then because of the high proxy already there, ebay returned a "Bid Again" page. I assume you parse that HTML to decide what status to report back in Gixen page.

This might make better sense (to the Gixen user) if it just said "Bid too low" or something like that. I don't know what would be best, but "under asking price" doesn't seem the correct response to me Smile

I mention it only because I have always thought it was a weird way of saying that there was an existing proxy in there that was higher than my bid! I know what it means because I can "read" the Bidding History pages in ebay, but can you think of a better way to describe what happened ?

I hope that makes sense, John
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may be right John - I don't even remember why I chouse the phrase "Bid under asking price"... But now I'm too lazy to change it. Smile
the3coopers

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm... are you too lazy, or just getting too RICH from Gixen to bother ?

LOL, just kidding Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.