Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

2 auctions that I should have won

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Simon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:47 am    Post subject: 2 auctions that I should have won Reply with quote

Well, I've used gixen to place quite a few bids today, and most have been successful. However, 2 that have just ended should have been mine, but apparently there was no bid from the gixen server. Items numbers 130443291863 (my max bid was 322.22, ended at 302.00) and 260675739657 (my max bid was 83.22, ended at 83.00, this could be the bid increment thing but I've never seen that on ebay UK)

Any help appreciated as this is obviously not a good thing for me Shocked I'm happy to use the mirror server if that turns out to be the problem.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second auction your bid was not high enough - google for ebay bid increments and you will understand.

The first one - seller had limitation of some kind (see logged response below).

Mirror wouldn't have helped, this is all ebay related, and none of this is an error.

Seller not accepting your bid
# Unfortunately, the seller cannot accept your bid on this item. This can happen for a couple of reasons. For example, the seller may have limited the number of items you can buy in a specific time period. Learn more.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for a superfast answer, Mario. both make sense, though it would be useful to see that the seller didn't accept the bid info on the gixen page. should that info be there? i notice with a refresh i see info for an auction i just won, but not for those 2 that i didn't.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never use refresh in the browser, especially not after doing an edit. While I took some steps to prevent it, it still happens that when refresh is made, another edit is made, and status is lost. Click on the "Add" button with empty fields instead.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

useful info, thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.