Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

What Happens In a "Shootout" Bid?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forrest Freeman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: What Happens In a "Shootout" Bid? Reply with quote

Hey Guys,

I was wondering, what happens when more than one Gixen user is bidding on the same item? When the final seconds tick away, what determines the "winner?" Is it just a matter of priority, i.e. bidder one entered his/her Gixen bid first?

If this is the case, what would happen if both of them put in their Gixen bids at the same time? I know it's all hypothetical but these sorts of thoughts run into my mind when it has nothing to do. lol.

Thanks for a great program.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen places all the bids that are scheduled with it at the offsets chosen by the users that placed them.

Gixen makes no choices about who will win, eBay does according to its bidding rules. In most circumstances the snipe that is largest is the one that will win, though this is not always the case when the bid increment rules come into play.

In the very, very unusual case that two users were to schedule exactly the same amount at the same offset it is random which will actually reach the eBay server first and win the auction.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.