Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
seanscottrogers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 pm    Post subject: AUCTION RESTRICTED: REQUIREMENTS NOT MET?? Reply with quote

I noticed I missed an auction (320519799127) with this error message. I've purchased (sniped) many auctions from this seller, who ships to the same country as I am (US). Yes I lost the auction when my price was much higher than the winning bid...

Other reports suggest a shipping conflict, but that should not be the case here...
seanscottrogers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction Requirements - Happened again Reply with quote

This just cost me another auction (320520273928). Should I assume I can no longer use Gixen? Really frustrating...
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The country is not a restriction that forbids you from bidding - the seller limited a number of items a single buyer can buy. See below:

This seller has set buyer requirements for this item and only sells to buyers who meet those requirements.
You are unable to bid on or buy this item because:
#
You are currently winning or have bought the maximum-allowed number of this seller's items in the last 10 days.
seanscottrogers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction Requirements - Happened again Reply with quote

Thanks Mario!

I will happily avoid posting these types of issues if there was a way I could tell this from the error - could you consider enhancing the requirement error with details? I did verify that trying to bid on another auction by the same seller produced the same result, so you must be getting what Ebay is returning when trying to bid.

Regards,
Sean
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction Requirements - Happened again

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean, I already do that for the most common messages (e.g. shipping country restricted, or account verification needed), but this one is not as common at all. In fact, this restriction seems harmful to the seller, and I don't know why would anyone impose it.
seanscottrogers

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Auction Requirements - Happened again Reply with quote

[quote]In fact, this restriction seems harmful to the seller, and I don't know why would anyone impose it.[/quote]
Ditto! I know this seller well and for closure, I'll report back when I hear what happened. Hopefully it's nothing wrong with eBay.

As for the request, perhaps a small link that says "eBay Details" or something that just spits out the error Gixen got when trying to bid - that way you don't have to special case the Auction Requirements handling.

Thanks again.
seanscottrogers

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: Auction Requirements - Happened again Reply with quote

Just for closure, the seller was unaware that they had a buying limit, which caused this error.

Thanks for the info.
FranceBidder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: country restricted Reply with quote

Hi,

I have had the 'country restricted' reason for having my bid cancelled. The problem is that I have asked the seller whether they will post to me. However, I presume the fault lies with the listing not having France in the postage options.

Is there any way around this issue, as I have missed two great opportunities. It is typical for a bidder not to list your country, but when you email them, they agree to post it.

Cheers,

F
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From previous discussions on this subject it appears that the seller does not necessarily have to alter the shipping options, but they do have to allow internatiional shipping.

I think they may also have the option to specifically approve bids from buyers that they specify are allowed to bid.

In any case, when this restriction is in place, only the seller can remove it, there is no work around that a sniping site can provide.
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: country restricted Reply with quote

[quote="FranceBidder"]Is there any way around this issue, as I have missed two great opportunities. It is typical for a bidder not to list your country, but when you email them, they agree to post it.[/quote]
The only workaround is to place a minimum manual bid. If your manual bid works, your snipe should be fine too. If not, ask the seller to add you.
altroniks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i've missed auction 190391353543 getting "COUNTRY RESTRICTED" message. After reading posts about this problem i tried manually to bid with small amount for another similar auction 290429700302 from ebay.com and ebay.co.uk. It was successful. Both auctions are in the UK and to UK only. I'm from Estonia.
I compared all shipping details and it was 100% same... But i found that the 1st auction's page the shipping tab has the button "get rates" for calculating costs. The 2nd have not.
I'm programmer and i understand how ebay generates a page. I think maybe ebay puts this manual submitting button for the <form> if other countries are restricted. But with international shipping allowed ebay generates a page with automatic "option onChange". Automatically it may do change countries, but manually "get rates" from domestic shipping carriers.
It is my logic only.

Mario, i'm sure you are understanding what i mean and you can easly check it.
Hope it will improve more your great service!
I've tried it 2 times only with 50% success... Smile

Thank you!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

altroniks,

In fact I cannot check it - only the seller knows what restrictions he/she put in place, and these can be different for different listings. Note that this is not a restriction that ebay automatically places, it's the choice the seller made.
altroniks

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I understand it all. But I'm talking about if a listing has this restriction applied then html code of its page may have "get rates" button. So Gixen can read this page before any bids for knowing about possible problem and warn about it.
Of course if it is so. You can look for logs and compare unsuccesseful snipes.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what is being said, that the 'Get Rates' button on the 'Postage and Payments' tab may only be present when there is a restriction to the country where the listing has been made.

A sample of two auctions is really too small to indicate whether this is actually a causal relationship, but perhaps it deserves a little more investigation, to either prove or disprove the hypothesis.

Slightly off topic, but I have noticed a difference in the page flow when I try to bid on an auction of a seller that has put resrictions on my bidding... when I place a bid from the 'Bid History' page, if there is a restiction I get the standard 'Bid Confirm' page... however if there is no restriction (the normal case) I get the 'Review and confirm your bid' screen/form/page in the overlay plains on the same page... this way I am able to tell that there is a restriction without actually confirming any bid. I have proved this over a sample of maybe 10-20 auctions, so I am quite confident about this.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="altroniks"]Yes, I understand it all. But I'm talking about if a listing has this restriction applied then html code of its page may have "get rates" button. So Gixen can read this page before any bids for knowing about possible problem and warn about it.
Of course if it is so. You can look for logs and compare unsuccesseful snipes.[/quote]

I don't think this is related to each other at all...
FranceBidder

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, so the problem is with eBay's restriction put on by the seller.
That's a real pain, as I had permission from the seller, but they had clearly not modified their 'allowed countries list'.

Thanks for the help Mario and thanks for your response!

All the best,

F
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cupid"]Slightly off topic, but I have noticed a difference in the page flow when I try to bid on an auction of a seller that has put resrictions on my bidding... when I place a bid from the 'Bid History' page, if there is a restiction I get the standard 'Bid Confirm' page... however if there is no restriction (the normal case) I get the 'Review and confirm your bid' screen/form/page in the overlay plains on the same page... this way I am able to tell that there is a restriction without actually confirming any bid. I have proved this over a sample of maybe 10-20 auctions, so I am quite confident about this.[/quote]

An update on this, for those that are interested, as I got it a bit wrong... when there is a restriction on my bidding I do get the 'Bid Confirm' panel in the overlay plains (when bidding from the 'Bid History' page), however when I confirm it, then I get the normal confirm page, they want me to confirm again... at that point I know there is no point as the bid will be rejected.
annabella

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,Cupid!In the end how to recognize the sellers restriction?
If,they the page want to confirm again?
Please i need of your help,because i want to know to trust gixen about this action or to bid it alone to the 10 sec?

BR annabella
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was talking about is placing a bid from this page:

http://offer.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=280515089166

what I find is that when there is a restriction, I confirm the bid on the panel that appears over this page, but then get redirected to the normal confirm page.

This does not really help greatly as if there is no restiction your bid is accepted when you confirm it... so you can use this method and not have your bid rejected, however if there is no restriction your bid will be accepted.

So if you use it you should only bid the minimum amout that you can.

I only like it because I dont have to actually registered a failed bid, and I can then use a different eBay account to place the bid I want to.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="annabella"]Well,Cupid!In the end how to recognize the sellers restriction?
If,they the page want to confirm again?
Please i need of your help,because i want to know to trust gixen about this action or to bid it alone to the 10 sec?

BR annabella[/quote]

Annabella, this is not a question of trusting Gixen at all. If the auction in question is restricted you will get the identical result even if you bid manually.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mario"] this is not a question of trusting Gixen at all. If the auction in question is restricted you will get the identical result even if you bid manually.[/quote]

Ah yes, absolutely, I assumed Annabella already understood that and was hoping to detect a restriction and persuade the seller to remove it.

The best advise here (mine included) appears to be that if you suspect there is a restriction try placing a small bid on the item, and if you are unable to do so ask the seller if they will remove that restriction.
annabella

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again!
I'm sorry about this ,you don't know how many the gixen help me!

Now the seller add my ID!I hope to get it

BR :annabella
nochkin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cupid"]... and if you are unable to do so ask the seller if they will remove that restriction.[/quote]
And not just ask, but actually go and check to make sure you can place a bid. I saw many times when seller said "yes, sure", but the restriction was not lifted and so snipe failed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.