Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter37

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:32 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I was just looking for clarification on this particular situation. If I am currently the highest bidder on the Ebay listing, what will happen if I set a snipe bid on that specific listing. I anticipate that I will be outbid on the item before the snipe bid would go into affect, but there is a possibility I will be the highest bidder at the time of the snipe bid? Would it simply increase my highest bid?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way that Ebay works is that it will accept higher bids than your current maximum (that are also at least one bid increment more than the current auction price).

However, Ebay will only raise the auction price as a result of two different accounts placing bids, so if you have the two highest bids you will pay no more than you would have done had that highest bid never been placed.

So, to summarise, there is no harm in scheduling a snipe for a higher amount than your current maximum, that you already have registered with Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.