Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Lost email & password

View previous topic :: View next topic  
waratah7

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Lost email & password Reply with quote

In November I received a reminder from gixen to renew mirror service.
I did so since it was sent to the email address associated with username waratah7 which is the only one I ever use and mirror service to that account was due to expire.
The acknowledgement came back saying that mirror service to username 'sonjasvarnish' had been renewed.
I vaguely remember signing up with that username long ago but doubt that I ever used it. I certainly never paid for mirror service for it.
I have tried to recover the password for 'sonjasvarnish' with no success because gixen apparently sends a link to an email account which I have no knowledge of.
So I have paid for a service which I cannot use.
Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
I have emailed gixen support3 times with no response.
Thanks for any help!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear,

Mario does usually respond to emails sent to the support address, my apologies.

That is certainly what I would have suggested that you do, in these circumstances.

Hopefully he will now pick up on it here and get back to you.

This is the kind of thing that only Mario can sort out as it involves tinkering behind the scenes.

Have you any idea how the account sonjasvarnish managed to get an email address associated with it that you have not heard of ?

Just for clarity, is waratah7 your Gixen id or the Ebay id you have associated with your Gixen id ?
waratah7

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark for your reply.
Waratah7 is my gixen ID and the only one I ever use.
I have no idea how the 'sonjasvarnish' ID is associated with an email address I am not familar with.
I find it very odd that gixen's request to sonjasvarnish to renew the mirror subscription was sent to the email address associated with 'waratah7' (I just clicked on a link to renew assuming that the renewal would be applied to waratah7) but that any request to gixen to recover the details associated with sonjasvarnish is either unanswered or is sent to an email address that I'm not aware of.
I renewed for 2 years ao unless Mario sorts it out for me I guess that it's money wasted.
waratah7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Please, Mario.

Can you fix this up for me?

Please!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject: Lost email and password

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Gixen associates the address of the Paypal account that you use to pay for a Mirror subscription with your Gixen id.

I think that email account associated with your Ebay account(s) is not known to Gixen, and I don't think it can retrieve it even after you associate your Ebay account with a Gixen account, but I might be wrong.

This might at least explain why there is confusion about which email account Gixen is contacting about which registered Ebay account.

Do you remember registering the sonjasvarnish account with Gixen and when you did so ? I assume that is an Ebay account not a Gixen id ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of these accounts are linked to the same ebay account, have the same email on account, etc.

You can transfer this subscription by using https://www.gixen.com/transfersubscription.php

What country are you located in?
waratah7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject: Lost password and email Reply with quote

Thank you Mark and Mario for your replies.

1. I am in Australia

2. The email address linked to my paypal account and with ebay is the
same one and has never been changed.

3, The same email address is linked to my gixen ID waratah7

4. Mario says that that same email address is also linked to my gixen ID
sonjasvarnish which the mirror service payment went to. It would
seem, therefore, that gixen has only one email address for me.

5. I paid for the mirror service on October 15. I expected the payment to go to waratah7 but it was applied to
sonjasvarnish, a gixen ID I cannot use because I do not know the
password. When I try to recover the password, gixen says it has sent an
email to my email address but it does not appear in mail for the email
address both gixen accounts are apparently linked to.

6. I have followed your instructions, Mario, to transfer the payment. I have
tried on 3 occasions with a different ref. given to me each time but no
email with instructions is sent to the email address linked to my paypal
account (which is also the email address linked to gixen ID waratah7 and
my ebay account).

7. I don't want to give the full email address here but it is g....andb....d....
at hotmail.com

Any further suggestions or help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the spam folders for your Hotmail account ?
waratah7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Good thought, Mark, but yes, I regularly check spam & junk and delete the rubbish. Any email from gixen certainly didn't go there.
waratah7

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

I've just tried for a 4th time to transfer the payment and, as on the last 3 attempts, this is the message:

In order to complete this transfer, please follow instructions outlined in an email that has just been sent to your PayPal email address. Ref: 1937666412.

Nothing has gone to my Paypal email address.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but:

Have you checked your PayPal account settings to see if you have multiple e-mail addresses on file? You can have multiple e-mail addresses on a PayPal account. Perhaps there is an e-mail address on file there that used to be your primary address that you forgot about.

Rick
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Mario seems to think that both your Gixen accounts are associated with the same email address, I'm guessing it must be the one you quoted 'g....andb....d.... at hotmail.com'.

Is that the one that is listed on the Settings page of the Gixen account that you do still have access to (waratah7) ?
waratah7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Thank you for the suggestion Rick - I appreciate everyone's help.

Yes, have just double checked the email address linked to paypal.
The one mentioned above (g....andb....d.... at hotmail.com) is the only one recorded.

Thank you, too, Mark, for your ongoing help. Yes, 'g....andb....d.... at hotmail.com' is the only email address on the gixen settings page.

I have just attempted again to transfer the payment at the address given by Mario and it replies with the reference nbr and tells me a message has been sent to my paypal email address but nothing has come through.

Any more suggestions, anyone, or should I just give up?
waratah7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

It was an email from gixen sent to that address - g...andb...d...at hotmail.com - that I clicked on to renew my mirror subscription.

I find it all very puzzling.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need Mario to look into it, behind the scenes, again.
waratah7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Thanks, Mark. Do you think I should email him at 'support' or does he check in here every so often?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be a good idea at this point - use the Contact tab at the top of the page. Include a link to this page so Mario can see what has been tried since he last checked in. Also, good idea to include your PayPal transaction id for the mirror payment as that may help Mario trace why the mirror payment was applied to the problem user id.

Rick
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please email me and include the details (accounts, email) and link to this forum thread.
waratah7

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 am    Post subject: Lost email and password Reply with quote

Thank you, Mario. Have done so.
Thanks to those who replied trying to help.
waratah7

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject: lost email and pasword Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

Have you replied to my email sent directly to you? If so I have received nothing. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.