Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

UNKNOWN ERROR (3) / Verification code asked

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (3) / Verification code asked Reply with quote

I am looking into this problem. Obviously eBay made some UI changes that broke things for many users.

I will post an update as soon as this is fixed.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BS

Ebay making changes? Yeah right

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ebay has to be aware by now that any changes they make might cause snipes to fail which costs them money. They would do anything to avoid making these changes. Seems like these problems are unavoidable unless paying for mirror service

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus if they were to make changes they would save it for the middle of the week. Sunday in my category at least is by far the favorite day for sellers to have their auctions end. If we believe what we're told it would seem that ebay is run by people who don't care about the bottom line
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guest, mirror users were not spared of today's problems. I don't do anything unethical in order to entice users to subscribe to mirror - in fact I found that it's mostly happy users that end up subscribing. Users who have their snipe fail due to system or network error many times quit in disappointment. I put genuine effort into making both main and mirror service reliable.
artdir4ur

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Unknown error (3)...what is it? Why? Snipes failing Reply with quote

I would like to know what this error is because I'm loosing all my snipes. Please let me know what's going on. Thanks.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

artdir4ur,

What are the auction numbers of the snipes affected?

Do you get a link next to the status after the auction has completed.. if so does selecting that provide you with any more details?
artdir4u

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:06 am    Post subject: UNKNOWN ERROR (3)... Reply with quote

Mark, (Cupid)
the eBay item numbers were:
(I did win a couple of these, but only by manually bidding on eBay.com.au)

a couple items read: "COULD NOT BID: PHONE OR TEXT VERIFICATION REQUESTED BY EBAY
Why did this snipe fail?" - selecting this link provided me step by step instructions to resolve issue. i contacted eBay and believe? (not yet sure as snipping still doesn't work) that this problem was resolved, as now i'm receiving this message on everything..."UNKNOWN ERROR (3)"
once i click on the "VIEW ERROR" link it takes me to eBay.com log in page. then shows me that the bidding has ended. dead end. no help there. can anyone tell me what the "UNKNOWN ERROR (3) is/means?

any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you are in Australia I presume?

What have you got set as your Target Ebay site(s) on the Gixen Settings page?.. You might want to play around with that setting.

Another thing you might want to try is biding manually on the site you currently have set as your target... and see if you can spot what the hold up that Gixen is having difficulty with is, in that bidding process.
artdir4u

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: getting frustrated.... Reply with quote

...so i lost another snipe. all suggestions have failed. not sure what's going on here (eBay item 311390560790) but i'm getting quite frustrated that i can't use a service that i've paid for. i've changed the proxy server, changed password, changed target eBay sites...called ebay...nothing has worked. keep getting "UNKNOWN ERROR (3) WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? no one has told me that yet.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late response. Please email me. Below is the message Gixen received back from ebay. I deleted the actual code, cannot publish it here in the forum.

---
Call us at 1-866-643-1607 and mention security code xxxxxxxxxx. This is not the same confirmation code to confirm your account.

If you use an IP Relay service, you can use the same number.
2015mjeb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: snipe failed Reply with quote

Hi

just lost my 1st snipe - Gixen shows an "unknown error (3)" under status
Item id = 161756371361
I had created a new ebay id for this
clicking on view error, I got taken thru the ebay signon, to enter Address & tel.number, then got prompted to sign on again
That is the only indication I have of any error

thx

MJ
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015mjeb,

If Ebay were asking for your details to be updated that is likely the block that Gixen encountered when trying to bid.

My advice, when setting up a new Ebay account would be to, at least, place one bid on that account before scheduling any snipes... just to prove to yourself that you have completed all the set-up steps required by Ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, good point, doing that now, in around 2hrs I'll know Embarassed
2015mjeb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:48 am    Post subject: error hopefully fixed Reply with quote

In my subsequent test on

Item 221820716849

, I bid under, and the sale has ended, and the GIXEN status is now

" BID UNDER ASKING PRICE "

so hopefully my next real bid will work . . .
TIO200

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: EBAY VERIFICATION ERROR AND LOST BIDS Reply with quote

it's IMPORTANT TO REALIZE THAT BECAUSE OF SO MANY LINKS BETWEEN EBAY AND VARIOUS EMAIL ACCOUNTS, THAT if you fail to update your links among the various services and after having changed passwords in any category ;that you might get some problems with successful snipes here on gixen/ebay .even password vaults have to be refreshed in order for all of them to verify their authenticity. be sure to clean out all of your old cookies and data from your histories when you change passwords; especially using password vault services such as provided with chrome or Norton.they sometimes retain several older password unless you manually delete them as they are not always automatically expired with your new password.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: #%$^$ Reply with quote

Several fails tonight with ebay asking for a verification code. Seems odd that ebay would work to deny bids when 100% of their policy goes towards encouraging bidding. Hopefully this isn't a sign of more shit to come
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have quite a few bids - I need more details (item ids) in order to tell you what exactly happened. However it seems that you have several items ending at the same time. There is a warning for this - to at least change offsets when this is the case, or eBay will most of the time block such bids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.