Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

EBAY VISITOR CLOCK

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JOHHNY

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: EBAY VISITOR CLOCK Reply with quote

WHENEVER I RETURN TO AN EBAY ITEM THAT I WISH TO PLACE A BID ON.. EBAY LISTS THE NUMBER OF VISITS TO THAT SITE. MY CURIOSITY COMPELS ME TO CONSTANTLY KEEP RETURNING TO SEE IF THE SELER HAS EITHER LOWERED THE PRICE OR CHANGED SOMETHING IN HIS LISITNGS. I ALSO WISH TO KNOW WHAT MY COMPETITION MAY BE. I DO NOT WISH TO DRAW ATTENTION TO AN ITEM THAT I WISH TO MAKE A BID ON. WHEN I VISIT GIXEN TO CHECK MY STATUS, DOES EBAY COUNT THIS AS A VISIT TO THE EBAY SITE OR AM I STILL CLOAKED BY GIXEN.? WHEN I REVIEW MY GIXEN BIDS ,I AM ABLE TO SEE WHAT THE CURRENT BIDS ARE PLACED UNDER MY ITEM ON EBAY, DO MY VISITS TO GIXEN SHOW UP IN THE VISITORS CLOCK ON EBAY ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's slightly more complicated. When you add an item, that's one anonymous view of the listing you are adding. Gixen then keeps monitoring the price periodicall(e.g. once or twice a day if free user, once an hour if mirror subscriber). I am not sure if ebay that counts as "visits", first time I hear about this feature.
nochkin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIR, eBay counts unique visits only so it won't count returning viewers as long as their IP did not change.
Answering to the original e-mail, eBay would count Gixen once only.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.