Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Item showing as 'WON'...but I didn't win!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tractor.boys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Item showing as 'WON'...but I didn't win! Reply with quote

Hi,

Item 250709733171 is listed inside my Gixen account as 'WON'. Only, it hasn't been won at all. Sad

I login to My eBay and the item isn't listed as won and when logged into eBay with the same eBay ID I used for Gixen, if I visit the auction page it states 'You didn't win...'

So, disappointed with Gixen on two fronts; firstly not winning the item and secondly being misled that I did....

Thoughts?

Thanks,
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tractor.boys,

Gixen did place your bid on time. You were outsniped a second later by a bid higher than yours. Gixen did not detect this, but it changes nothing really as that's just a display issue.

There is hardly a reason to be dissapointed by Gixen - I'd say it did its job well in this case.
tractor.boys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... 'WON' being shown in the status column when the item **wasn't** won?

Confusing at best I'd say....
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It occasionally happens that the final price is not fetched after auction ends, and if that happens, and if user is outsniped, status is shown as WON instead of OUTSNIPED.

It's a bug, and one may find it confusing, but both its incidence is rare, and severity is low (what changed?). The only problem would happen if this had been a group snipe and subsequent snipes were erroneously canceled, so I'll do my best to minimize chances of this happening again.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with Mario, it is worth reporting for the reason he suggested (that if in a Group subsequent snipes could be erroneously cancelled).

However, on the couple of occasions it has happened to me (in many thousands of genuine wins), I've just thought, "Hey, that's some money I haven't got to spend because another sniper was prepared to pay more than I think it's worth."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.