Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen failed to bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
autosnthings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Gixen failed to bid Reply with quote

1. Gixen did not execute my snipe. It says "H T T P TIMEOUT (77)" under the status column in the Gixen interface.

2. username: autosnthings ; Ebay item: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160484047488

Gixen has NEVER failed me in 2 years of use. I recommend it to everyone. I usually do not bid on items at all before the snipe, and Gixen has never failed me.

This time, however, I bid $19.99 on the item. Then around 25 min before end of auction, someone else bid $20.49. My Gixen snipe was set for $96.07, but it never went through, so I lost. Sad

Why? Would Gixen Mirror have prevented this?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, this is bound to happen sometimes. It's relatively rare though.

In this particular case mirror would have certainly helped, it's exactly what it is made for.
autosnthings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:47 pm    Post subject: Gixen failed to bid Reply with quote

Mario,
Thanks for the quick reply.

So was the HT TP timeout due to Gixen servers or eBay servers?

I'm assuming Gixen since you said mirror would help?

Well, I guess mirror is worth the $6/yr. I'll be signing up.

It's too bad this happened to me on that auction, but oh well. Thanks for providing an overall great service.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows? A network request can be dropped on any node between the two, causing a timeout. And ebay itself likely has hundreds of front-end servers handling requests... if a particular server handling your request malfunctions, this can also happen. So it can either be a network, or a server issue. Gixen main server itself didn't have any issues at the time though.

Thank you for subscribing, at this price mirror really makes sense... When I made it, I put myself in customers' shoes, and thought - would I be subscribing to it? And what is the price I'd consider negligible?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:38 am    Post subject:

letmebuyyourstuffprettypl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost 5 auctions tonight when my bid should have been the highest! All the auctions ended with super low bids - yet Gixen states that I bid under asking price! Please tell me this is a glitch that is being corrected?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you please give me at least one item id?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.