Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

"Bid Under Asking Price" reporting incorrectly

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rikdee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: "Bid Under Asking Price" reporting incorrectly Reply with quote

Hey Mario,

Can you take a look at auction 330466370567. Gixen reported "Bid Under Asking Price" but on Ebay it looks likes the bid went in and I was out-sniped 3 seconds later. This normally doesn't report as a "Bid Under...". I realize that this wouldn't affect winning or losing the auction but it's the first time I have seen Gixen report incorrectly.

Are you still recommending against reducing the bid time to 3 seconds versus the 6 second default?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this snipe mirrored?

What quite often happens is that the Mirror gets there first, and so when the Main tries to place its' bid yours is already registered and the Main gets a 'Bid Under Asking Price', this takes some time to filter through from the Mirror.

In the case where the Mirror is Outsniped I suspect that it never filters through to the Main though the Mirror does detect it, so there may be a minor issue with that.

Anyway, to sumarise, it is often worth checking the Mirror tab when the status on the Main looks a bit suspect.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was mirrored, and if you look at the mirror tab, you will see status "OUTSNIPED".

I adjust the status on main only when item is won by mirror, and write "WON BY MIRROR". For all the other events, I leave status on servers "as is", hence if you want to check what happened you have to click on both tabs.
Forrest Freeman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Same thing here Reply with quote

Actually this just happened to me too. Although I lost the bid to another bidder, the status message says "minimum bid not met." This occurs both on the main tab and mirror tab.

Did the seller just pull the item down with no real winner? I checked and it seems that there was a "winner" in the bid history.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject: Same thing here

whitneysorrow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: similar problem Reply with quote

This is my first time using Gixen.
I set up a snipe bid for $26.26 and added it. It seemed fine, the countdown was working and the status of my bid was active. Then the auction ended on time (not early) and was won by a bid of $25.49 (the starting price was $24.99.)
I clicked the "why didn't I win this auction" link on my gixen page and it just routed me to an ebay page explaining bid increments. Which for this price range is $1, so my bid increment should have been sufficient.
Why wasn't my bid placed? It doesn't show up on the bidding history. Why didn't I win this auction?

Auction in question:
offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=110580522043

(I am new to Gixen and pretty new to ebay, so the answer to this may seem very obvious to you more experienced gixen/ebay-ers, so please forgive my newby-ness Smile

Thanks in advance for any help, Whitney
whitneysorrow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: okay, so now I'm really confused Reply with quote

I just read through my post above and realized that my bid was indeed not $1 more than the winning bid of $25.49. But the winning bid was ALSO not $1 more than the previous bid of $24.99. So why did they win the auction? I'm now utterly confused.

Thanks again,
Whitney
whitneysorrow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: my apologies Reply with quote

Okay, I figured it out. Sorry to muck up your forum with a bunch of posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.