Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Norton said "Suspicious Web Page Blocked"

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jandsknight

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Norton said "Suspicious Web Page Blocked" Reply with quote

I am a paying gixen user for a couple of years. I just now got a message from my internet security program that gixen.com was a phishing website and for my security it said "Suspicious Web Page Blocked"

What could have caused this reaction?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows? I have no idea how Norton makes such conclusions, but I think this happened in the past with some other anti-virus. Then Gixen users gave some feedback and this hasn't happened again in a long time. Until now.

You can help by reporting back to Norton that Gixen is a legitimate site, if you have such option / button at your disposal.
jandsknight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Norton Reply with quote

I tried 2 more times with the same result; waited about an hour and I was able to get on like always. Crazy.

I was setting up bids in a group. I was trying to enter the 3rd when I got that frightening screen. If it had kept up I was going to try rebooting and if that didn't work I was going to try to contact Norton.

Thanks for your great service. I sniped manually for years before I ever heard the term. I just figured out after about 3 attempts to buy an eBay auction that it was the best way. Then I finally learned about sniper services. Now I don't have to worry about my computer being down, staying up too late to bid, missing out on something else in my life, etc. Only once, did I get an unknown error about a bid not going through. I think eBay had just changed something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.