Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID ABOVE BUY IT NOW PRICE error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Galt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: BID ABOVE BUY IT NOW PRICE error Reply with quote

If your maximum bid is more than Buy It Now Price, you will lose the auction if nobody else bids on the item. Well, this does suck, and should be fixed. Here's why. Let's say there's an item with $50 "Buy It Now" price, but starting bid is only $25. I am willing to pay $75 dollars for it. If I use GIXEN and place $75 dollars snipe. I end up with "BID ABOVE BUY IT NOW PRICE" warning instead of winning the item...

At the very least give a warning or something...
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do understand your frustration, and you are not the first to voice it.

Personally it has never bothered me though since I know what I am willing to pay (as do you), I will just buy it if the price of the Buy It Now is less than that.

I personally am more concerned that someone else will buy it for less than I am willing to pay (at the BIN price) than I am interested in the potential saving should no one else be willing to bid up to that BIN price.
daniela

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with John Galt that it'd be helpful to add a couple of lines to the FAQ.
I am afraid the only workaround is submitting a manual bid to remove the buy it now option.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.