Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Missed One Heck Of a Deal Because of Missed Snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zerose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Missed One Heck Of a Deal Because of Missed Snipe Reply with quote

Mario, I am really upset that Gixen has failed me, it has always been so good. Man this really aggravates me.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see what happened. What is the item number?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found your username based on your IP number, and all can see is one scheduled snipe that was entered three hours after auction ended. Please post your username and/or item id if you want me to investigate further.
Zerose

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Found your username based on your IP number, and all can see is one scheduled snipe that was entered three hours after auction ended. Please post your username and/or item id if you want me to investigate further.

Rarose1990 and item # 130382936725

I couldn't have placed the bid after the auction was over but you know what Mario, I may have placed it against the clock too close. I'm unsure exactly what time I placed the bid. I believe it was around noon but not sure. Remember I'm on eastern time.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You placed your bid on Tue Apr 20 13:30:57 2010 PDT, which is 4.30pm eastern time. I don't see any previous bids or edits.

Auction end time was Tue Apr 20 10:22:57 2010 PDT, or 1.22pm eastern time, and from what I can see it hasn't changed (e.g. ended early).
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think occasionally people dont understand how eBay auctions work in regard to time zones. They actually end at the same time for everyone wherever they live or what time zone they are in... so a particular auction may end at different times of day for different people, but it is always at the same actual time.

I once had a seller email me desperately with a much better deal on shipping than he had previously offered.... after the auction had ended, thinking that because I was in a different time zone I would still be able to bid... sadly not the case, he had to honour the sale that he had already made.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
You placed your bid on Tue Apr 20 13:30:57 2010 PDT, which is 4.30pm eastern time. I don't see any previous bids or edits.

Auction end time was Tue Apr 20 10:22:57 2010 PDT, or 1.22pm eastern time, and from what I can see it hasn't changed (e.g. ended early).
I don't see why Gixen would let you bid on an item that has already ended. Thanks for checking this out Mario.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
I don't see why Gixen would let you bid on an item that has already ended. Thanks for checking this out Mario.

It won't, it is impossible to bid on an auction that has already finished.

It will allow you to add a snipe for an auction that has already finished, did you not see the warning that it provides, in red, when you do that, perhaps that is not working for you?

I just tried it using the web interface, it says:

This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed.

near the top of the page.

Perhaps Gixen should not even add the snipe to its database when the auction is completed, is that what you are suggesting?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

It won't, it is impossible to bid on an auction that has already finished.

It will allow you to add a snipe for an auction that has already finished, did you not see the warning that it provides, in red, when you do that, perhaps that is not working for you?

I just tried it using the web interface, it says:

This snipe may have been entered too late into Gixen and may not be executed.

near the top of the page.

Perhaps Gixen should not even add the snipe to its database when the auction is completed, is that what you are suggesting?

I didn't see the warning Cupid when I posted the bid. Yes it would be a great idea if Gixen would not even add the snipe when the auction is already over with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.