Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

High Bidder?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kienen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: High Bidder? Reply with quote

I love the site, and Gixen is wonderful. I can't say how much better this has made Ebay for me.

One thing I noticed, in the auction for item# 150076635448, Gixen has me listed as the high bidder. However, someone else sniped a higher bid a couple seconds after mine. Gixen then canceled the other bids in that group, because it thought I had won.

I wasn't harmed by this at least. I simply reinstated the bids for the following items. I just wanted to report what appears to be a bug. Thanks for the hard work, Mario.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, you are right, I should get this fixed some time in the future. The reason I haven't so far is that "outsnipes" happen so rarely.
jsotres

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:35 pm    Post subject: sniping my self Reply with quote

Mario:

What happens if I am the highest bidder seconds before the auction ends?

Will gixen snip and outbid myself?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as the bid you place with Gixen is at least one increment above the current auction price and also above your current bid then Gixen will be able to place it.

However, because of the way eBay works, if there are no other bids placed, you will not pay any more than you would have done had Gixen not placed that bid.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: sniping my self Reply with quote

jsotres wrote:
Mario:

What happens if I am the highest bidder seconds before the auction ends?

Will gixen snip and outbid myself?

To confirm what Mark just said using different words - you can never bid against yourself. Once you place your maximum bid, all you can do is raise this maximum bid. If you are already a high bidder, this will not raise the winning price.
nochkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also add: ... if you use the same eBay user id.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.