Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Auto Scroll to ‘Item Already Present’

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagbox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:27 am    Post subject: Auto Scroll to ‘Item Already Present’ Reply with quote

A useful addition would be if when you enter an ID that is already present, instead of just informing you, Gixen automatically scrolled down to that item, and maybe highlighted it in a specific colour for your attention.

The scenario.
I buy on eBay to re-sell at a profit.
I add lots of items as I come across them. Some items I know straight away what their market value is and can enter a Snipe but others require a bit of research.
If when I enter an item that is already present it would be great if it took me to it so I could enter (or amend) that snipe, if I’ve since done my research and have a Snipe value in mind.
I generally have 100+ items in Gixen so manual scrolling can be quite cumbersome and tedious.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In similar situations I generally use the browsers' page search function (usually accessible via the Ctrl-F key combination) to search for the item number on the snipes page.
Blagbox

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
In similar situations I generally use the browsers' page search function (usually accessible via the Ctrl-F key combination) to search for the item number on the snipes page.

Thanks for tip Mark but doesn’t work on iPad.

Ctrl-F? Seriously, do people still use keyboards and mice? Laughing Mr. Green
Blagbox

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it a bit more it would be really, really cool and useful, if when you enter an item number that is already present....

Gixen opens a pop up window saying ‘This item is already present, do you wish to keep your existing snipe of ‘xx.xx’ (tick box) or do you wish to amend this snipe (tick box with an empty box for you to enter your snipe amount).

I’ll add it to my Christmas Wish List, along with the Porsche, the Speedboat, and the Nile Cruise! Wink
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:16 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.