Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suggestion: Remove the login delay entirely for paid users

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moishe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Suggestion: Remove the login delay entirely for paid users Reply with quote

I am a paid user and still get a multi-second delay whenever I log in. Whether it is from the gixen homepage or from the autosnipe-page (where, theoretically, I should already be logged in, since otherwise I should not be able to place bids).

Why is there a delay at all for paid users? I find this unnecessary and annoying.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is probably related to the work the server has to do when you log in, on the web interface that includes retrieving all your snipes from the database and producing the display of them, so the more you have the longer it is likely to take.

For Autosnipe I guess it's taking a bit of a longer route to performing the addition of a snipe than would be the case when using the web interface as your browser is also involved in setting up, sending and receiving messages from the Gixen servers.

There's also some latency in the internet that will often affect this.

That doesn't mean there is nothing that can be done about this speed, and maybe Mario could look into improving it... but just to say that any delays are unlikely to be deliberately built in, for paid users anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. I concur! Too slow to perform any action. It takes minutes! Paid user here. Please fix it. It's NOT only annoying but an absolute waste of time. Never seen anything like that before anywhere else. Really.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be useful if contributors to this thread could be a bit more specific about how many snipes they have scheduled and what updates they are performing because:

Anonymous wrote:
Too slow to perform any action.

is not my experience, as a long standing and regular user myself, but hardly ever with more than 50 snipes scheduled at any one time.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:32 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as Mark said please provide more details and I will look into this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.