Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

suggestion for a reverse Grouping option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:41 am    Post subject: suggestion for a reverse Grouping option Reply with quote

Hi Mario,
Gixen is great as it is. Please don't change to much.
But one extra feature would be nice to have, from my perspective.
There is a grouping feature to cancel bids if one other item in the group was sniped successfully.
Some times i would like it the other way around.
Some sellers sell multiple things that i would like, together but they offer it only split up in multiple auctions.

Say for example RAM memory modules, they sell piece by piece in 2 different auctions. I would for example like to have 2 but not one.
So i would like an other type of grouping option where the bid on the second item only goes if the bid on the first item was successful.
Off course you can not guarantee that the second bid will be won, another person might bid higher, but the user can control this a bit with setting the bidding limit for the second item higher as the first.

I hope you get the idea..
An extension to this idea, but this would make it probably to complicated for most users, is an hypothetical option to bid for k out of n bids.
So lets say a person has 4 (or n) auctions on 4 memory modules.
And i would like to have 2 (or k) out of 4. (k out of n).
In this case it would bid for sure on the first and on the second, but only on the 3rd and 4rd, depending on the results of the previous bids.

One of the issues i can imagine, is that such auctions on similar items, some times have very few time in between them. In that case you could pop a warning or so. I would personally often still risk it. Gixen is better than my manual last second bidding skills.

Its just an idea, i can also live without it, and there is no competition offering such an option. Thanks for the service.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you select the Settings button, on the page that comes up you can already enable 'Contingency bidding' and 'Multi-win groups' which cover the vast majority of this suggestion.
r82

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that is fantastic. I never knew that option was there.
Thank you so much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.