Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Suggestions for eBay Connect 2020

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagbox

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Suggestions for eBay Connect 2020 Reply with quote

Well Mario, you asked for suggestions on how eBay could improve things. I know Gixen is essentially a Buying tool and some of my improvements are Seller focused, but here goes, my Top Ten...

(iPad running OS 12.3.1.)
Upgraded the eBay app 9th June.
As usual a backward step. Can’t see anything that is an improvement apart from a nicer font for BOLD TEXT. Here’s a brief list of the things that are WORSE or needed fixing but weren’t. It would be useful if you could take eBay to task on the following....

1. In MESSAGES, a thumbnail of the relevant item no longer appears next to message, just a large ugly eBay logo. This makes it very difficult to identify specific messages.
2. When you highlight a message the thumbnail does not appear in the message header either - just a white box with the ‘photo missing’ logo. Again making it hard to identify messages.
3. General appearance seems to have a lot more ‘white space’ and the text seems smaller, and not as clear. Also the increased white space means less items in a list are viewable on the screen.
4. Following on from the above, in every list mode, Buying, Selling etc there is lots of wasted ‘white space’ on the right of the screen (in Landscape mode on ipad - surely most people’s Default unless reading a book!). Yet at the same time, increased space between items, again means fewer items displayed per page. Even in Portrait mode there’s lots of wasted space. Poor on iPhone too.
5. When viewing my LISTED items, many items have a ‘Promote it Now’ or ‘Share It’ panel which takes up almost as much room as the listing itself. GET RID OF IT. I’m not an idiot or a child, I don’t need or want eBay trying to sell me extra ways of promoting things - at a cost of course!
6. Also when viewing my items LISTED for sale, the view is now MOST RECENT first. I know what I listed yesterday, or the day before, I want to see what’s ENDING first so I can reduce price on things that haven’t sold in the last two or three weeks. I can change this but it defaults back to MOST RECENT first every time!
7. Ads at the bottom of Searches are in a MUCH BIGGER FONT than they used to be - much bigger than the actual searches! I am NOT interested in them! I know they are there to generate yet more income but they are far too obtrusive.
8. In SELLING screen it now tells me my total sales for last 90 days. It used to be 60. I’d prefer 30 days, but 60 was better than 90. An option for 30/60/90 would be even better.
9. The App has always been rubbish for listing items, - why, oh why, can’t I use my web TEMPLATES?
10. The biggest single thing they could do to improve it though is to stop treating Sellers like imbeciles or children. For example, on App or Web, when I list new items eBay interferes by either adding ‘Accept Offers’, (usually at about HALF the list price!), or asking me if I want to reduce price gradually over time. No I don’t, and it wastes a lot of time opting out every listing I create!
garwiel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject: Suggestion from the Buyer's point of view Reply with quote

Hi Mario,

I add several items in my wishlist every day.

I add notes to those items (you know : "This one I already have but in bad shape", "This one is clearly too expensive. Just follow and look for actual selling price".

I would find it interesting if I could import those comments altogether with the wishlist items when I "Import Watch List".

Or -best- if the comments where synchronised between wishlist and Gixen . Very Happy
g0akc

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wish is for an iPhone app here in the UK - I'm not sure if a Gixen app exists for other iOS devices but I don't see one in the app store for my iPhone 8 currently running 13.4.1
rhialwen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maybe a bit outside your scope, but you did ask for buying suggestions Very Happy

The two things I've been wanting for years are:

A global blocked sellers list, so you never accidentally buy from someone you've had a bad experience with.

A way to exclude categories from search/see multiple categories at once. So if something vaguely named could be listed as a toy, or could be listed as a collectible, but won't be listed as a packaging supply you can knock that category out, while still seeing the others.

Absolutely love the site, and thank you for asking for suggestions.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject:

Blagbox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People seem to have misunderstood Mario’s email.
As I understand it he was requesting suggestions he could put to eBay how THEY could improve things, not how HE can improve Gixen.

It seems to me that every time ebay tinker with the App, they make it WORSE! It also seems that their development team or programmers have never SOLD anything on eBay as every tweak they do, to app or website, is to the detriment of Sellers. They make it increasingly harder, or more time consuming to list items by having to continually opt out of allowing the hurdles they put in our way.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blagbox wrote:
not how HE can improve Gixen.

I think he meant both:

Mario wrote:
either by eBay (as relates to buying) or Gixen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.