Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

164200631141 Lost Bid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pwat1554

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: 164200631141 Lost Bid Reply with quote

Hi
I lost the bid even though the item was at ÂGBP 700 until 4 seconds before the close. Should I reduce the number of seconds in future? My max was ÂGBP 750 and sold for ÂGBP 770.
Perhaps I was out-Gixened Smile
Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lower your offset the less likely your bid is to be accepted not more, since the price is likely to be higher the later you are in the auction.

So, a higher offset (to result in an earlier bid) might have resulted in your bid being accepted, however at 750 it would not have won since there was already a bid of that amount placed over 2 days before the auction ended.

It's the highest accepted bid that wins on Ebay, if the two highest accepted bids are for the same amount the earliest wins.

At the end of the day though, someone else was willing to bid at least one bid increment more than your bid. The only way to beat that is to be prepared to bid more than that, timing isn't the issue at all when someone is prepared to bid that much more than you are.

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mark, understood.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.