Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite my higher snipe 184267783523

View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodguys

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite my higher snipe 184267783523 Reply with quote

Dear Mario and Team,

This Has happened to me as well

Re : BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder
eBay Item: 184267783523

Item sold for less than my Snipe. Couldn't locate a reserve, snipe place the day before the end of auction. I did however see a retracted bid that was higher than my snipe.

I'm not sure what happened, please advise.

Thanks in advance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goodguys wrote:

Re : BID UNDER ASKING PRICE despite me being highest bidder
eBay Item: 184267783523

Item sold for less than my Snipe. I did however see a retracted bid that was higher than my snipe.

The bid was retracted with one second to go in this auction, as detailed on the bids page.

This will mean that, most likely (it depends what the eventual winning bid was), the auction price was above your snipe amount at the point at which Gixen came to place your bid, and was hence rejected correctly by Ebay and assigned a BID UNDER ASKING PRICE status by Gixen.

If the eventual winner and the account where the bid was retracted were working together to do this then its known as Bid Shielding which is against Ebay rules as it's auction manipulation. You can report it as such to them and they may investigate, but they won't ever let you know the outcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.