Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

\"The item is currently unavailable.\" error.Sell

View previous topic :: View next topic  
harami2000

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject: \"The item is currently unavailable.\" error.Sell Reply with quote

Good day!

I think that snipe bids placed on auctions where the seller is on holiday used to work OK but they don't any more - for me, at least.

Items 124072003150, 124072001925, 124072001217, etc., etc., where bids had been placed manually by other bidders all failed to snipe with error message "The item is currently unavailable."

Seller asianstamp has "This seller is currently away until 27 Feb, 2020. If you make a purchase, there may be a delay in processing your order." but this should not stop a successful bid from being placed.

Many thanks & Best wishes as ever for ongoing good work!
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has also been noted here, here and here and, as noted on the second and third, is awaiting a response from Ebay engineers.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the rapid response!

I thought I searched for the same problem first but that obviously didn't work... oops. Embarassed

Fingers crossed eBay will have a solution: I'll place my remaining bids with that seller manually for now.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem at all, thank you for reporting the issue.

This is the first thread dedicated exclusively to discussing the solution.

I'll try to keep it that way.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:04 pm    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay responded to this issue - and the root cause was indeed sellers who are unavailable, and have active auctions. They are still looking into this, as it makes no sense to block bids for auctions, yet keep the auction running, and eventually end.

The other bug I reported is caused by price higher than Buy-it-now option. If the maximum bid is higher than BIN option, eBay refuses to accept it.

I am considering changing behaviour for auctions that have buy-it-now option. Since we cannot know ahead of time if BIN price will disappear after first bid or not, maybe for snipes whose maximum bid is higher than BIN option makes sense to send two bids: BIN-0.01, and the actual maximum bid.

For maximum bid equal to BIN option, BIN-0.01 only will be sent. And for maximum bid lower than BIN, there is no need to change anything.

I may implement this and send an email to users to inform them of this change.
trafdal1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Same thing happened to me Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me on two auctions. Item not Available - Seller was away. Fortunately for me nobody did bid on them and the seller will relist them. Items 303479315863 and 293467718111.
trafdal1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:14 pm    Post subject: Seller on vacation and snipe bid rejected with item not avai Reply with quote

I have committed with the seller and he was on vacation. He remembers a setting to not allow Buy it Now but does not remember a setting to not allow bids. The good news he relisted the two items as Buy it Now and did purchase them.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'Item not Available' is associated with he seller being away but, as Mario suggests above, it has been accepted by Ebay that this should not be a reason for bids to be rejected.

So Ebay accepts they need to fix this problem but haven't done so yet.

While we wait for Mario to confirm that Ebay have fixed it, I'd advise people to bid manually on items where the seller is away.
microshnik

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had one fail this way (372966021532) with no indication on the listing of the seller being "away". Is there a specific setting I could ask the seller to check?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are planning to schedule another snipe with the same seller it might be worthwhile placing a manual test bid at a low price, just to see if Ebay is generally accepting bids from you, and see if you notice any differences in the bid flow when you do so.

I suppose it's also possible that the seller had their vacation settings activated at the moment that auction ended but has since removed that from their account.
u102768

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just had one as well with no indication that the seller is on holiday (item 83452449630).
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still open with eBay - they are still looking at it.

Note that the latest developments with the covid-19 affect all companies who are shifting a lot of employees to work remotely, and it's reasonable to assume this affects eBay as well, so some delay is expected.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u102768 wrote:
item 83452449630

FYI, this is not a valid auction id, generally Ebay auction ids have 12 digits.
redcastril

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just happened to me as well. Would have won but seller is away so I got Item unavailable.
hdude

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing just happened to me. I bid $30 over winning bid. Would have liked to have won this. Item number: 353014647864
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay is working on a fix for this. Long story short, when seller is away, bids are not accepted through the interface Gixen uses, but are through the web UI.

This was not noticed before, as it was rare that sellers are away. The problem only became prevalent since the COVID-19 crisis began.

I will send an email to all users about this tonight, as Gixen has no way to check if seller is away or not. Until April 20th or so, users will have to be mindful of this.
U102768

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
u102768 wrote:
item 83452449630

FYI, this is not a valid auction id, generally Ebay auction ids have 12 digits.

Sorry, yes there was a 3 on the front (383452449630)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: popup message instead of email Reply with quote

Hi There,

I have been using Gixen for years and I rarely face problems ,thanks for keeping it affordable .
Unfortunately I did not notice the email regarding this message until today and I lost one auction (372998718665) wish that these type of messages are a popup messages so that we can notice them.

Kind regards

popup message instead of email
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.