Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

You are not eligible to bid on this item (283773298113)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:04 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item (283773298113) Reply with quote

Hi all. My first post here.

I put an automatic bid on an item on eBay and watched the counter run down to the end. Nothing happened.

When I went to check on Gixen the info "You are not eligible to bid on this item." was included. This makes no sense as the seller is shipping world wide, and quotes a shipping cost to the UK. Very frustrating and I've never seen this come up before.

Is this a bug?

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this recent thread, having got that message back from Ebay (admittedly not transferred to the display correctly by Gixen, at that time) for another auction lilwhiteduck reported 'ebay customer service and it seems there was a bidding limit incorrectly placed on my account in error by some ebay technical glitch'.

If your Ebay account could also be described as 'mature... in good standing' perhaps it might be the same issue as affected your snipe here ?
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
On this recent thread, having got that message back from Ebay (admittedly not transferred to the display correctly by Gixen, at that time) for another auction lilwhiteduck reported 'ebay customer service and it seems there was a bidding limit incorrectly placed on my account in error by some ebay technical glitch'.

If your Ebay account could also be described as 'mature... in good standing' perhaps it might be the same issue as affected your snipe here ?

Yes that is probably accurate. I hope the item is relisted.

So it sounds like a problem at eBay's end. Is that right?
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW I've messaged the seller about this. Fingers crossed!
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm more confident, than an few days ago, that the message you are seeing is the one that was returned by Ebay.

Which might well indicate that Ebay are the only ones that could shed further light on why it happened, yes. Mario might have a more detailed explanation in the Gixen server logs for this snipe, but I wouldn't expect that there is one available to Gixen.
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I realised that I was using ebay.com, although I am in the UK. Could that have been part of the problem?

I often use ebay.com as it seems to list more items sometimes than eBay UK even though the sellers offer worldwide shipping.
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just checked and none of the items for sale from that seller show up on eBay UK, which is very odd as he offers worldwide shipping. This is why I tend to use eBay.com.

Looks like this could be a part of the problem.
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible that the seller has blocked shipping to the UK for some reason, but as you say that would be odd if they generally ship worldwide... and even mention places like Russia and Ukraine, which must surely cause them more issues than the UK. They do state in the listing that they don't ship to Isreal though...

I only search via ebay.co.uk these days because of this type of issue with items that are only visible in the United States.
nickg313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. He just put it on as a Buy It Now, and when I clicked on it I got the following message:

"This seller is not authorized to sell to UK buyers. We apologise for any inconvenience and recommend that you search for similar items from other sellers."

which is even more odd as I recognise his name because I bought something from him last year.

I've let him know, and I hope it's just a matter of him changing his settings.
Famecherry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:31 am    Post subject: eBay item number:264643187332 Reply with quote

The same thing happened to me today for eBay item number:264643187332

I set up the bid and got back - You are not eligible to bid on this item

Can you please help ?

Thank you
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Famecherry,

As indicated above, for this particular issue you are more likely to get help from Ebay or by talking to the seller directly rather than anything that can be done at the Gixen end.
PasiniK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: 'You Are Not Eligible To Bid On This Item' Reply with quote

I am now getting this for many of my Gixen Scheduled Snipes. I'm from Michigan and Sellers are from US, so this cannot be due to anything related to a policy of not shipping abroad. I've lost a LOT of Auctions in last few weeks because I scheduled them. I would have won every auction with my scheduled High Bid. Why does this keep happening?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PasiniK,

Can you give me at least one item id?
debra19

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:36 pm    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item. Reply with quote

I am getting the same "You are not eligible to bid on this item." messages.

It happened with the last two items, they are: 114158861950 & 184223208809.

They are listed from sellers in the same country. I also have the target eBay site set to the same country - although this did not prevent some bids last week.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your shipping address also in the UK ?
Skynet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item Reply with quote

Hello, i got this message ( you are not eligible ... ) for severals of my snipes.

Here is an ID :

Very very frustrating
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you see any connection between the ones you were blocked from bidding on ?

For example, being sold by the same seller, or located in the same country, or just located in a different country from your shipping address ?

Are there any features of your account that might cause such blocks, like being a new account, not having your credit card details registered with Ebay, or having any unpaid item notifications over the past 12 months ?
chawkes2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:11 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item Reply with quote

Placed a bid on this item a day ago
124253489532 (on ebay.co.uk shipping from Penzance UK - I live in UK)
It has just completed and sold to someone else for a price less than my bid.
Got the message "You are not eligible to bid on this item."
This is not the first time this has happened.
What's going on please? Sad
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect we are going to need more explanation of this message from Ebay as it's just not explicit enough for anyone to be able to tell exactly why they've been excluded from bidding on an auction. Only Mario has the contacts required to do that so, if he doesn't pop up again on this thread, perhaps it might be an idea to email him direct (at the support address on the Contact tab) with this specific example to raise with them.

Can you also be a bit more specific about where your shipping address is; I'm trying to figure out if there are any regions of the UK that sellers can now exclude, e.g Chanel Islands, Highlands etc. I know some places can be set up with different shipping prices on some selling sites as some couriers do now charge different prices for some locations even within the UK.
chawkes2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:53 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
I suspect we are going to need more explanation of this message from Ebay as it's just not explicit enough for anyone to be able to tell exactly why they've been excluded from bidding on an auction. Only Mario has the contacts required to do that so, if he doesn't pop up again on this thread, perhaps it might be an idea to email him direct (at the support address on the Contact tab) with this specific example to raise with them.

Can you also be a bit more specific about where your shipping address is; I'm trying to figure out if there are any regions of the UK that sellers can now exclude, e.g Chanel Islands, Highlands etc. I know some places can be set up with different shipping prices on some selling sites as some couriers do now charge different prices for some locations even within the UK.

Hi Mark, Thanks for replying - my shipping address is London#
chawkes2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:57 am    Post subject: You are not eligible to bid on this item Reply with quote

Embarassed Sorry, Cupid, (not Mark!)
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries,

My name is Mark... Cupid is just the forum identity that I post under here, I'm happy to answer to both.

OK, that's confirmed to me that I think Ebay needs to give us a better explanation of all the possible causes of this message otherwise we are unlikely ever to be able to advise people about how they might avoid it happening with snipes scheduled on Gixen.
chawkes2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mark,
Should I contact Ebay, and do you have advise on the best route?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Ebay I think customer services is your only route, though there are, I think, some help services associated with their discussion forums too.

I have some doubts that they have enough access to the Ebay system to be able to tell exactly what is happening in this case, but if you have the time it's worth a try and the more people that contact them the more likely it is that the message will filter through to someone that can actually do something about it.

People don't need to be secretive about their use of sniping services like Gixen any more, Ebay as an organisation (though perhaps not all individuals within it) is fully aware of the integration of the bidding process involved via its own API.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.