Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

I keep trying but I can't sign up :-(

View previous topic :: View next topic  
antiquatt

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:20 pm    Post subject: I keep trying but I can't sign up :-( Reply with quote

I have been trying to sign up, now up to 10 times or more, and it just won't take it.

I put in my username and password and my email in the sign up page.

I hit "next" and am taken to the link to ebay account page where I click on "Link Gixen with your ebay account". I click on that link.

On the next page I agree to grant access and am than taken to the Gixen sign in page. When I try to sign in I continue to get the error message:

"Please sign up first at 3w.gixen.com. You cannot any longer log in with your eBay username and password, now you need to sign up and get Gixen username and password."

I receive the Welcome To Gixen email each time, but can Still not sign in.

This is VERY DISTRESSING!!!!!
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does using this page end up sending you any emails about any Gixen ids that may have been registered ?

Note that you need to log in with a Gixen id that you have chosen and set up, not with an Ebay id, these are different things and it is advisable not to choose exactly the same name for them.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To avoid confusion, I recommend that you select a Gixen username different than your eBay username.
TheBoyJones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Sign up not recognised Reply with quote

Hi,

As with antiquatt, I have signed up, authorised Ebay and been returned to the Gixen site and asked to log in. Whenever I do try to log in I get this message: Please sign up first at www [dot] gixen.com. You cannot any longer log in with your eBay username and password, now you need to sign up and get Gixen username and password.

(website: (with certain characters removed - www (dot) gixen.com SLASH home_1.php )

I have had an email confirming that I have set up the account

I have also now paid for mirror, but still don't seem to be able to log on at all.

I have tried to "find my username" as an option, but no email has ever been received. I have also tried to reset my password but got this message:

You have not yet registered / transitioned your account from eBay to Gixen username / password. Please click on "Sign Up" button above and register your Gixen username and password.

Could you please investigate the issue please? (I will follow this thread, just in case you can't find my details),
Thanks
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:31 am    Post subject: Sign up not recognised

TheBoyJones

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sign up not recognised Reply with quote

I've now had an email that states:

You do not have a Gixen username. You used to use Gixen by logging directly with your eBay username theboyjones

Things have changed since, now you have to register a Gixen account. Any previous settings will be transferred automatically to your new account once you register.

Please register at:

Please note "TheBoyJones" is NOT my Ebay Account Name, but was a random name I tried to use to register with Gixen - I'm happy to change it (if that is possible) once I've gained access and my mirror subscription is tied to it,
Thanks

TheBoyJones wrote:
Hi,

As with antiquatt, I have signed up, authorised Ebay and been returned to the Gixen site and asked to log in. Whenever I do try to log in I get this message: Please sign up first at www [dot] gixen.com. You cannot any longer log in with your eBay username and password, now you need to sign up and get Gixen username and password.

(website: (with certain characters removed - www (dot) gixen.com SLASH home_1.php )

I have had an email confirming that I have set up the account

I have also now paid for mirror, but still don't seem to be able to log on at all.

I have tried to "find my username" as an option, but no email has ever been received. I have also tried to reset my password but got this message:

You have not yet registered / transitioned your account from eBay to Gixen username / password. Please click on "Sign Up" button above and register your Gixen username and password.

Could you please investigate the issue please? (I will follow this thread, just in case you can't find my details),
Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that someone previously had an Ebay account called 'theboyjones' that they used with Gixen.

As a first step I think I'd set up a new Gixen account that is not called 'theboyjones' and get that working first, including authorising your Ebay account to that Gixen account.

Once you get to having a working Gixen account that you can log into I'd start to look into where the Mirror subscription has been credited. For that I'd look at the payment confirmation email that you got from Paypal, because I believe the Gixen account name should be mentioned in that somewhere.

Once you know the account it's credited to you should be able to transfer the Mirror subscription to your new account using the Mirror Transfer Form which is accessed via the Settings page.
TheresOnlyOneBoyJones1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Resolved Reply with quote

Thanks.
I've set up a new account with a different user name, and that appears to be working. I have also requested a mirror transfer - and again that now seems to have happened.
Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated,
All the best
N

Cupid wrote:
I suspect that someone previously had an Ebay account called 'theboyjones' that they used with Gixen.

As a first step I think I'd set up a new Gixen account that is not called 'theboyjones' and get that working first, including authorising your Ebay account to that Gixen account.

Once you get to having a working Gixen account that you can log into I'd start to look into where the Mirror subscription has been credited. For that I'd look at the payment confirmation email that you got from Paypal, because I believe the Gixen account name should be mentioned in that somewhere.

Once you know the account it's credited to you should be able to transfer the Mirror subscription to your new account using the Mirror Transfer Form which is accessed via the Settings page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.