Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

gixen missed my bid, \"NETWORK ERROR\" what happe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssateneth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: gixen missed my bid, \"NETWORK ERROR\" what happe Reply with quote

ebay item ID 233477150234

i put in a max bid of $161.67 but it sold for $91. gixen telling me "NETWORK ERROR". I re-authed ebay on the new this morning and it is showing active in my settings on both ebay interface and legacy interface (informational).

what happened, what can i do to fix it?

my gixen user is ssateneth

for some reason i cant post as my username ssateneth
JLSCARDS1974

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me. I did not get an error, but only one snipe went through. All the rest did not go through for some reason.....lost out on a few auctions. I already had a "Active", but re-authorized it again after I found out I lost the auctions.
kevin164

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm    Post subject: all under price Reply with quote

Got the update authorization email so i did that - Had auctions lined up about 8 items all ended under asking price including one with no bids - so it may need a while to sort out the re - authorization
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The network error on main server was legitimate (this happens), and mirror seems to have failed because of invalid authorization. Have you changed your ebay password after granting authorization to Gixen by any chance? If so, re-authorize Gixen on the settings page.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:19 am    Post subject:

jlscards1974

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not change my password.
ssateneth

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same, I did not change my ebay password. The authorization says it's active on my settings page.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Mario finds the authorisation is the issue, it's best to re-authorise it anyway.

I don't think we know all the reasons why the authorisation is marked as invalid by Ebay, yet. Sometimes it can also take a while to then get reflected on the Settings page where you renew it.
foresterdon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
When Mario finds the authorisation is the issue, it's best to re-authorise it anyway.

Item 402055074637 lost NETWORK ERROR

I re-authorised at least twice in last few weeks but still it failed.

Fortunately it has been relisted with Make Offer. but still very disappointed.
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foresterdon wrote:
NETWORK ERROR

Is that the same on both the Main and the Mirror tabs ?
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

foresterdon, my apology, I am looking into how this happened, and investigating whether there was a problem at the time, or if this was caused by a bug. Let me know if you don't get a similar deal to what you missed.
foresterdon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
foresterdon, my apology, I am looking into how this happened, and investigating whether there was a problem at the time, or if this was caused by a bug. Let me know if you don't get a similar deal to what you missed.

Seller relisted and I bought it at the same price - so no loss, although very fortunate.

You sent out several requests to re-authorise. I responded to the first, accurately reflected in the settings. When other requests arrived I thought i should do as you said and re-authorise again despite the first seeming to have been accepted. This was just a short while before the Gixen snipes were timed for. Perhaps it fell between re-authorisation updates as these seem to take a while to activate.
A second snipe minutes later with the same seller went through OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.