Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Why did I lose this auction?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bebemarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

274226322186 item id

My high bid was $123.99
Auction won at $98.06
garwiel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:17 am    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction ? Reply with quote

352950171051 item id

My high bid was €10.12
Auction won at €8.50
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What status has Gixen given these snipes after the auction has completed ?
bebemarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

BID UNDER ASKING PRICE
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:39 pm    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction?

Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

bebemarie wrote:
BID UNDER ASKING PRICE

On item 274226322186 (the Antique carnival knock downs) with a snipe amount of $123.99 ?

Are you absolutely sure, that is what it says on both the Main and Mirror tabs?

The only scenario I can imagine getting that would be if you were using some other sniping software as well as Gixen, or also manually bidding yourself in the last few seconds of the auction... You aren't are you ?
bebemarie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

Same on the mirror site

Was not using any other snipe software or bidding.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Mario will have to look into this one.

As I've acknowledged on another thread there's something a bit strange seems to have happened over the past day.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bebemarie,

I looked, and there is a bug in a sense that return status was not recognized. I fixed that. That said, the real issue is that your eBay authorizations are invalid, for whatever reason. Please renew the main authorization on the settings page. You can also renew legacy authorization, but this is less important.
bebemarie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. I made the changes.

I recently changed my eBay password before I placed this bid. Is there somewhere on Gixen that I need to update? Could that have been the problem?

Diane
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diane,

It's possible that changing password invalidated authorization, I have seen happen either way after password change. I guess it depends on circumstances, but only ebay knows.
bebemarie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:20 pm    Post subject: Why did I lose this auction? Reply with quote

Is there anything I can do to ensure it won't happen again?
Alex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:45 pm    Post subject: lost all my auctions with false bid under asking price error Reply with quote

lost all my auctions with false bid under asking price error Sad

item: 174173870341
my bid: $26.88
lost to bid: $16.38 with false gixen bid under asking price error
rogiervdheide

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject: lost bid for no reason Reply with quote

Same here, see my other post.
I got a message from Gixen to re-authorize Gixen on eBay and so I did this morning. However, my authorization was far from expired.

What happened yesterday??
Rickajho

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: lost bid for no reason Reply with quote

rogiervdheide wrote:
Same here, see my other post.
I got a message from Gixen to re-authorize Gixen on eBay and so I did this morning. However, my authorization was far from expired.

What happened yesterday??

Mario answered this on the other thread you created. You placed the bid only 25 seconds before the auction ended and gixen requires 2 minutes to set up, modify or cancel a snipe. That's why there is a "2 minute warning" on your snipes page every time you log in.

Rick
runcie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject: Bidding Problem Still Not Resolved Reply with quote

I am now hesitant to bid at all from this site. I don't want to lose yet another record. There are flags all over the place. When I tried to import my watchlist I get:
Error: array ( 'errorId' => 11001, 'domain' => 'API_BROWSE', 'category' => 'REQUEST', 'message' => 'The specified item Id was not found.', )

This occurs despite the fact that I have re-authorized my ebay account as instructed.
zhirr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Bid under asking price error Reply with quote

I have recently lost an auction #352945815181 which states the bid was under asking price yet the snipe was set for ÂGBP 2.95 and the item went for ÂGBP 1.90

Current authorisations are;

eBay authorization status: Active.
Your eBay authorization for eBay account z***r expires on Mon, Jul 26, 2021.
Link/Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account (valid for 18 months)

Legacy interface (informational only, safe to ignore, obsolete and being retired).
Legacy eBay authorization token status: Active.
Your legacy eBay authorization for eBay account z***r expires on Wed, Jul 15, 2020.

I can't see why I would have lost this other than a bug. I'm not overly worried about the loss but thought I should report it as it is unusual for Gixen not to work.

Hope this helps?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.