Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Item list display: yellow highlight for 'underbids'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
palaisstation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 1:16 am    Post subject: Item list display: yellow highlight for 'underbids' Reply with quote

Upon receiving the Gixen email dated Jan. 26 at 7:06 a.m, I followed the recommendation to activate the secondary eBay authorisation. Then re-logged in to Gixen.
The appearance -- and length -- of the page of listing had changed.
Previously just the items in my eBay Watch List that I had CREATED A BID FOR(both still scheduled and finished items) were shown; now EVERY ITEM in my watch list was shown, resulting in a mass of yellow highlighting representing the items I was still 'just watching'.
So, how do I return to the previous style of item display, as I find this new one overwhelming and awkward?
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it hard to believe that at this stage the function of the software that imports your watch list has been changed on Gixen as a result of this extra authorisation.

It's always been the case that when you push that 'Import Watch List' button that all auctions are imported with a default snipe amount of 0.0, were that not the case you wouldn't be able to set up those snipes with the amount you are prepared to pay by editing them.

So can you explain in more detail what you think has changed ?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said: The change _I_ made was to activate the eBay secondary; I re-login in and ALL items from the eBay site Watching list are now repeated/duplicated on the Gixen site list -- whether I have set up bids or not.
Previously,and ever since I've been using Gixen, only the items for which I had set up bids were shown on the Gixen site(both completed - for a period of time -- and in progress auctions). They got there in the first place ONLY AFTER I had copied and pasted from the eBay Watching page the multi-digit item number into the box on the Gixen page, once the decision had been made to set up a bid and I had entered a bid amount.

Since I probably eventually bid on no more than 10% of the items I add to the Ebay Watching list, I am slowly becoming more and more annoyed having to scroll up and down through dozens and dozens of yellow 0.00 [dollar] 'my bid' listings to find the ones I am looking for rather the the single dozen or so I was used to.
If there is no actual flag that can be set to just show the items where i am in the contest, I shall likely de-activate the eBay secondary thingee and see what happens.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is related, but feel free to deactivate secondary authorization and see if there is a difference.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think perhaps you are saying that you don't usually import your whole watch list at all, by pushing the 'Import Watch List' button ?

Normally you set up your snipes manually by copying and pasting the auction numbers you want to set snipes on ? That is also what I do.

Is it possible that what's happened is that you've pushed that button by mistake at some point ?

If that is possible (and even if not) just select all the ones you don't want with the toggles to the left of those snipes and then push the red 'X' at the top of that column to delete them all. They shouldn't come back again unless you push that 'Import Watch List' button again. If they do then perhaps something has changed... but for now if it has, you are the only one that has noticed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.