Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Security Token expires as soon as gixen uses ebay account

View previous topic :: View next topic  
philippfx

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Security Token expires as soon as gixen uses ebay account Reply with quote

Hi,

I subscribed to Gixen Mirror and successfully linked my Gixen account to my eBay account.

However, as soon as Gixen actually tries to bid on an item, the eBay security token immediately expires and I need to link my eBay account again.

The first time it happened eBay sent me an e-mail that my eBay account may have been hacked and asked me to change my password, which I did.

After that, I linked my Ebay account again and the eBay security token immediately expired again after Gixen's next first try to bid on an item.

All listings in my Gixen account that Gixen was going to bid for are marked with the info: "Please login again now. Your security token has expired. For security reasons, please log in again".

I linked my Ebay Account multiple times and the eBay security token keeps expiring as soon as Gixen tries to take a shot.

I am living in central Europe and mostly use ebay.de and ebay.co.uk., so my best guess is that Gixen's services coming US based servers are detected as fraudulent behavior.

Has someone experienced the same? Can anyone help?

BR, philippfx
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a behaviour that has been widely reported here, no.

Are you in the habit of changing your Ebay credentials, like password or user name on a regular basis ?... That's the only thong that has, in the past, been linked to the expiry of the authorisation token early.

There's plenty of users based in Europe, myself included.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm nut sure if this is an issue any longer but if your eBay username and your Gixen username are the same that could also cause problems.

Rick
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philippfx, try changing the target settings to ebay.de (on Gixen settings page). I haven't seen this problem before.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:40 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.