Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Bid Not Placed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptsmith

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Bid Not Placed Reply with quote

An auction ended today selling for $6.50. I had a snipe scheduled for $16.08. I'm pretty sure I scheduled this 3 or 4 hours before the auction's end. This the first time this has happened to me.

Ebay ID # 324041762897

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status that Gixen gave this snipe after it had completed, on both the Main and Mirror tabs ?
ptsmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The status is "ended".

ptsmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's in both main and mirror lists.

Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:03 am    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could indicate a late edit, or it could indicate that Gixen was late with the snipe on both servers simultaneously, which is possible, but very rare.

So on the first possibility, do you ever use the refresh button of your browser when on the Gixen snipes page... Which has been known to cause unexpected results ?
ptsmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do regularly use the refresh button. What should I do differently?

juangrande

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best way to use Gixen is to (1) set your bid to the highest amount you are willing to pay, and then (2) walk away from your computer and check back after the auction has ended.

If you set your bid as recommended in step (1), then there is no reason to readjust your bid in the last moments of the auction.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you do edit a snipe and then use the refresh button then Gixen can be being told that you are repeatedly editing the snipe every time you use that button... and if that's done close to the end it will effectively cancel the snipe, with the only thing indicating that is what has happened being the 'ENDED' status on the snipe because Gixen didn't have time to react to the editing and still place the snipe.

Therefore never use the refresh button instead if you want the page updated just push the 'ADD' button without entering any new snipe details, this performs the function desired without repeating the last action.

Long term I think Gixen really needs a slight redesign of its user interface to prevent this happening so often for its users, but it has been as it is for a long time now so I wouldn't expect it to happen any time soon.
ptsmith

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for the help!

BlackBook3445581

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Bids not happening, does my cpu have to be on Reply with quote

I'm missing something, a couple of bids over a couple of months just didn't happen (set for 3 sec & 5 secs before end of auction). My computer wasn't running (I think once setup Gixen handled the rest) - what am I missing? Thanks.
Khamissaid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bid Not Placed Reply with quote

ptsmith wrote:
An auction ended today selling for $6.50. I had a snipe scheduled for $16.08. I'm pretty sure I scheduled this 3 or 4 hours before the auction's end. This the first time this has happened to me.

Ebay ID # 324041762897

Thanks
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Bids not happening, does my cpu have to be on Reply with quote

BlackBook3445581 wrote:
I'm missing something, a couple of bids over a couple of months just didn't happen (set for 3 sec & 5 secs before end of auction). My computer wasn't running (I think once setup Gixen handled the rest) - what am I missing? Thanks.

... and I don't understand why you think that you are missing something... you are correct in your assertions and there isn't anything on this thread that indicates that after you have set up a snipe you need to do anything else, before the auction ends... quite the opposite in fact, the advice above is all about doing less, not more.

If you have an auction where a bid was not placed there are many possible causes that may or may not be as a result of something Gixen had control over... indications of the cause can be ascertained both from the status that Gixen gives the snipe after the auction completes and from looking at the auction and bids page after the auction has completed... which is why its generally useful when posting about failed snipes on here to provide with the auction number and the status that Gixen gave the snipe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.