Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Advanced Search Function??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alpharomeo31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:27 pm    Post subject: Advanced Search Function?? Reply with quote

I would pay for a better saved search function. I have told Ebay that I would pay for (a) more than 100 items; (b) more frequent queries; but so far they aren't interested.

If 100 items (the current Ebay limit) seems like a lot - I would point out that sellers sometimes use different descriptions for the same items so sometimes multiple sets of keywords are required. So that 100 items may only be about 30-40 items. On the second topic, sometimes items that interest me are posted and sold before I ever hear about them.

I don't think that I want bids to be placed automatically based on search results! But getting an email alert within an hour, say, of posting, would be helpful.

Thanks!
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you email me with more details? I am unaware of that "100" limit. If there is a way to improve search, I may be interested in it.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Ebay there is a maximum of 100 stored searches per user id. Each search is processed once per day and emails sent indicating when new items have been listed that match the searches.

Personally I have multiple Ebay accounts that all feed emails back to the same email account (effectively via redirection) in order to get round this restriction.
heighhoh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Advanced Search Function Reply with quote

I would use a search function that allows blocking of specific auctions and any unchanged relisting of that auction. Ebay searches shows the same auction over and over because the item is overpriced and never sells. I'm not against sellers trying to get top dollar, but I prefer to not have truly new items buried under the plethora of auctions asking way too much.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Advanced Search Function

Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heighhoh,

It's something that you need to lobby Ebay for, there isn't anything that Gixen is going to be able to provide in this arena.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.