Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Feature request - Add number of item watchers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoolAsLife

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:39 am    Post subject: Feature request - Add number of item watchers Reply with quote

Hi - It would be great if when sniping multiple items to be able to see the number of current watchers. I would hope this would be a relatively easy feature to add to Gixen.

For example: [url]watchcount.com/mw2.php[/url] does this already - simply enter the item ID and you can view how many watchers.

To a degree, the number of watchers influences my sniping strategy. If an item has zero or one watcher (i.e me), then I might snipe close to the bidding start price. However if there are 20+ watchers for a desirable item, I may snipe much higher or not at all.

Thanks for your consideration.
moretontrader

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:34 am    Post subject: no. of watchers Reply with quote

I agree. This would be a very useful function to assist when thinking about a max price. Is it possible to add this in ?
BliueSaint

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In theory yes, it is useful to know how many watchers an item has but there’s no way of knowing how many people might have the item loaded in Gixen or other sniping tools. eBay may tell you there are only two watchers but there might be another dozen with a snipe prepared.
As with all snipes, just put in the MAXIMUM you are PREPARED to pay. If you put in $20 and end up fighting against other snipers and win it at $19 you’ll be happy but if you think there’s only 2 watching you might only bid $10 and lose to those other snipers. If there are no snipers your $20 snipe might win it at $5
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll put that on the list of things to do, but it will take a while - many more priorities in line already.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:43 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.