Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

New user feedback on UI when bidding on many items

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TigTig45

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject: New user feedback on UI when bidding on many items Reply with quote

i'm just new to this service today and haven't seen my most pressing issue in the forum yet, so please forgive me if this has been hashed out many times before. I bid on many items each week (as in way more than will fit on one screen). I import from my eBay Watch List and that works just fine. I then need to select an item and click on 'Edit' in order to specify my bid price. The UI now takes me down to the bottom of my list (many 'pages' away) and I have to enter my bid there. Now the UI updates, but then takes me to the bottom of the list, not back to the item I just updated (or the one following it, which is where I really want to go). I now have to scroll, scroll, scroll, back up to the next item on the list I need to specify a bid for. Very slow and frustrating. Perhaps it would make more sense to just let users edit their bid price right in the listing, even if they then have to then click on a 'Commit' or 'Update Now' button or something?
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would require skills that Mario does not, at present, possess in order to implement this.

I do also note the someone is offering to help at the end of this thread though...
TigTig45

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cupid,

Thanks. Not sure if that's tongue in cheek or not. I'm assuming anyone who has gotten this far could handle that, but we're all on our own learning curves, so 'fair enough' either way from my perspective. Not sure what the underlying language/environment being used here might be, but if it's something I could ramp up on quickly, perhaps I could help a bit too.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking to hire someone to do this. Maybe I could figure it out, but I am busy with so much more, specifically with the new interface to access eBay, and will also be busy with mobile apps in the future.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.