Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

refresh?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
studio3D

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject: refresh? Reply with quote

The time remaining doesn't seem to refresh. If I refresh page I get "resend form submission?" or the like, then I get an error "don't refresh". What am I missing? thanks
juangrande

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gixen does not poll eBay in real-time; therefore, the time remaining reported on Gixen is not kept current in real-time.

You should check the auction directly on eBay if you wish to keep track of the time remaining.

We recommend that you set your bid on Gixen to be the maximum amount you are willing to pay and then do something else that keep track of the time remaining on the auction.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can achieve some of the function that you seek, updates to the Gixen status and time remaining for auctions by pushing the 'Add' button without entering any new snipe details.

As you have noted, use of the browsers refresh button is deprecated since, as a resubmission of your last action, it can cause repeated updates to your snipes, which you definitely don't want as it can only mess things up with your snipes and possibly cause them to fail unexpectedly if as a result you end up updating a snipe in the last few minutes before the auction ends.

As juangrande points out if it's updates to the price that you are after it is better to monitor these via Ebay since they are not updated on Gixen in real time, an alternative is to use the Gixen Desktop Manager Tool which runs on Windows computers as that uses your own resources in order to retrieve any auction price changes.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Desktop Manager! That should do the trick. Thanks.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.