Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Country sepcific setting ignored

View previous topic :: View next topic  
anigel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 4:36 am    Post subject: Country sepcific setting ignored Reply with quote

When using the country specific setting on eg UK it is correctly applied to the item number link, but clicking View Item Description or shipping information srtill goes to the US site.
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point, the links to the US site, that you refer to, were introduced at a much later stage. Personally I never use them.
rozzy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have similar question where my Primary Target is UK and Secondary Target is France. The tabs on the Gixen bidding page still show Gixen Main - Chicago and Gixen Mirror - Maimi.
Should they not be UK and France?
I also have the same problem as Anigel re Description/Shipping.
Rickajho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rozzy

The Main and Mirror targets you are referring to are the eBay servers that place your bids/snipes. They are not country specific. IE: There aren't servers that actually place the snipes located in different countries.

Rick
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject:

mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To clarify this - Chicago and Miami are locations of Gixen servers, or at least they were (this can change based on needs, but there are always at least two).

Target is the eBay country site where your bid is placed (ebay.com, ebay.co.uk, ebay.de, etc). In reality these are also in the US in vast majority of cases, so this matters only for administrative purposes (e.g. what customer support center is in charge, what eBay policies apply, etc).
Cupid

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was originally about the 'View Item Description' and 'View Shipping Information' links... and the point about those always pointing at .com is still a valid one, no matter what you change 'your country' (not TARGET) setting to, which you probably would expect to change these links since it does change the site that the other snipe specific links point (i.e. 'item number' and 'seller').
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.