Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Winning bid not placed due to ebay trust and safety error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
btaggart1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject: Winning bid not placed due to ebay trust and safety error Reply with quote

Ebay item id number 323947647108

Hi, I had entered a bid on Gixen a few days ago. The snipe should have won as my highest bid was much higher than the starting price and there were no other bids on this auction at the end.

However, Gixen failed to place a bid but rather returned the following error -

"eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id: <div> <div class="errPanel"><div class="panel-n"><div class="panel-e"><div class="panel-w"></div></div></div><"

This has never happened before and i have used Gixen hundreds of times over the past year.

I am using the paid version of Gixen and would be grateful for some help understanding what went wrong?

Thank you
juangrande

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means eBay blocked your bid for some reason (and there is nothing Gixen can do about that). You will have to contact eBay to straighten this out.

If you email Mario directly about this using the directions found on the contact page, he can look up what eBay's message was in the Gixen logs. That might give you a better idea of what the problem was.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
btaggart1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject: Winning bid not placed due to ebay trust and safety error Reply with quote

Hi juangrande, thanks for the reply. I'll contact ebay to see what they say.
The only thing i can think of is the new knife laws applied by ebay to UK residents recently, although, i didn't think this would apply to a cutlery set!
If ebay don't give me a clear answer, or there's no other posts on this thread, i'll contact Mario.
Thanks again
Coinappraiser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: No bid placed --- eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id Reply with quote

Ebay item id number 133189373895

Hi, I entered a bid on Gixen (I am a long term Gixen subscriber) on October 8 and the bid was never placed.

It appears that Gixen failed to place a bid but rather returned the following error:

eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id: <p>To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identit

I called eBay and they claim my account is in good standing and I don't have any restrictions on my account, no restrictions on any buying purchase limit either.

I am about to place a similar bid for 7:00pm tonight and I don't want this to happen again. I am using the paid version of Gixen and would be grateful for some help understanding what went wrong?

Thank you
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject: No bid placed --- eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id

juangrande

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend that you make a preliminary manual bid to see whether it goes through (and do this as soon as you can). That way, you'll see the actual message eBay throws (if there is one) with enough time to correct the problem (if there still is one).

It's too bad that eBay customer service was so unhelpful.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Coinappraiser

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject: No bid placed --- eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id Reply with quote

Ebay item id number 123939996567

I placed the bid on Gixen and this time it went through with no problems. Don't know what the problem was though. I thought it was the high dollar amounts but that was not the case this time. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Overall Gixen has been an outstanding sniping program. Been using Gixen for many years now placing hundreds of snipes a year without any hitches. Thank you Mario for providing such a great software that does what it is supposed to do (unlike previous sniping software I tried before Gixen).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.