Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

eBay Trust & Safety Error???

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 5:46 am    Post subject: eBay Trust & Safety Error??? Reply with quote

Why did I get this error? Been using Gixen for years and never have seen it before.

"eBay Trust & Safety Error Filter Id: <p> To ensure eBay remains a safe marketplace, we want to validate your identity before you purchase this item. Thank you for your understanding.<br /> &nbsp;<br /> Please follow the d"

eBay item number:254413222200
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a block imposed by Ebay, usually it's because they want to verify more information about you and your use of your Ebay account.

Is this perhaps an auction at a higher value than you usually bid, or have you logged on recently from a very different location than you usually do ? Sometimes I think it's just that you've hit some sort of buying limit that they impose without knowing more about you.

In any case I'd recommend placing a few manual bids to see what Ebay does and prompt them once again to ask you for what they want to know, this time with an opportunity for you to actually respond ... you'll, no doubt, appreciate that Gixen can't do that on your behalf.

Last edited by Cupid on Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a higher value auction. I've had higher snipes execute without issue in the past.

Had an eBay account since 2007. This is the first time for this error.
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None the less, it's Ebay that have taken the action and Gixen is just the messenger in this instance.

You could try contacting Ebay customer services about it, it's possible that they might be able to provide more detail on exactly what they want and why.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.