Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

How to manage/create GIXEN WATCH LIST? MAX BID = 0 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
digagixen

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject: How to manage/create GIXEN WATCH LIST? MAX BID = 0 ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new here and trying to understand the features of Gixen.

What / where is the GIXEN WATCH LIST.
I see only the button to import it but how to create and edit?

Because ... as far as I see all entries in GIXEN (Website and DTM)
are scheduled for bidding - or not?
What happens if the MAX BID is zero?

Why isn't there an option to mark and unmark the items in the list
for bidding?

Thanks for help!
reflexor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll await answers to the same questions. There's a bit about this in the FAQ's but it's by no means concise and setting up the Gixen List on eBay before it can be imported ON to Gixen seems a bit...'meh'. Additionally I'm actually unsure what the difference is between the 'Watch List' and the the 'Gixen List' and why one would need or want both? Seems like just the Watch List alone will do?
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lists referred to are created and maintained on the Ebay site, not Gixen.

You have to create one called 'Gixen List' if you want o use that. You don't have to do so, having two lists that you can imoprt from is just to add flexibility, some prefer to use their Ebay Watch List for things other than snipes.

They get imported with a 0.0 default bid since there is no way for Gixen to know at the time what amount you are prepared to pay, if they are left that way Gixen still won't bid on these items since the snipe amount will always be too low for it to be able to do so. So when you do this they all have to be edited to let the system know what you are prepared to pay for these items, and this is the process I would call 'marking them for bidding' as you put it.

Personally, I find it easier and more efficient, to add my snipes individually from a list I set up on Ebay and go through on a daily basis, and therefore setting the snipe amount at hte same time as I add them. The import feature is there as an option since many prefer to do things differently, we all have ways we feel more comfortable working, and that's one of the reasons why we don't force everyone to do things the same way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.