Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Pay-per-use subscription

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Pay-per-use subscription Reply with quote

Hello,
I bought a pay-per-use subscription some time ago.
I won 4 auctions since I paid. For the first one and the last one the bids were entered by Gixen as I was not in front of the computer.
For the two in between though I had scheduled a bid with Gixen, but I was also in front of the computer and entered a bid about 9-10 seconds before the 2 auctions ended, so actually before Gixen, but my Gixen balance still went down for those 2 auctions too.
Can you please explain how it works? Those 2 auctions together were not much, about $70, so just 70 cents Gixen payment, but I would like to know how it works. Were my manual bids too late?
Thank you for your assistance.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I note that you say that you bid on two of the auctions that you won, but you don't say whether Gixen also bid on those auctions? Was it able to do so, or not ?

If your manual bid was less than your Gixen scheduled bid then it may still have been possible for Gixen to place that bid for you and in those circumstances I can see why Gixen would think that it won the auction for you, even if your earlier, lower, bid may have been sufficient to actually win it had the later bid not also been placed via this service.

If this is what happened then in order to block Gixen from also being able to place a bid I'd recommend that any manual bid you choose to place, in order to block a Gixen bid, should be at least the same amount as that Gixen bid. Alternatively I'd recommend deleting any snipes that you decide are not required before you place any manual bids on Ebay for those auctions.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply. It was exactly the same amount, and I just checked - only my bids went through, both 8 seconds before the end of the auction. I clicked on confirm 9 seconds before the end of the auction, but it took 1 second to go through I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are more than 2 auctions between the first and the last, which were the only ones when I was not in front of the computer.
I can send Mario the item numbers.
Anyway, the total would be AUD 362, which today is USD 244 (this varies of course).
But the total of the only ones when I was not in front of the computer is AUD 144, which is about USD 97.
My balance though is USD 4.0045.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you recall what status Gixen gave the snipes, that you believe you should not be charged for, after the auctions had completed ?

There is of course a 0.20c minimum, which would apply to all auctions won at less than $20, which further complicates the calculation that needs to be made.

It would have to be Mario that does any further analysis on this since he is the only one with access to the details as to what has happened during the calculations. For instance, I have no idea how he's doing currency conversion in order to work out the 1% figure.

Last edited by Cupid on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must just add that I cannot check my history because it says I need a subscription (a normal subscription I guess?) when I click on it, so I cannot say for sure that Gixen placed a bid on all these auctions, but I know for sure the two auctions I mentioned were the only ones when I was not in front of the computer.
I would just like to know for the future.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thank you. I will wait for Mario to tell me what I need to do.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you'd like him to take a look I'd recommend that you now email him at the support address given on the Contact tab above and direct him to this thread so that he is enabled to provide us all a more useful answer than I can give.

Otherwise it might take a bit longer before he spots this here...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I have just sent him an email.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to ask for a refund of my credit because the problem has not been solved or identified and I do not wish to pay an additional fee when I bid myself.
At least if I have the free version of Gixen in the background when I bid myself I don't have to pay a fee. I really don't think I should pay when I bid myself, even if I have Gixen in the background. It is still my bid.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is, I feel I cannot have Gixen in the background any more when I bid myself so that I don't end up paying more, and if the Internet plays up I will lose, that's why I prefer to have the free version of Gixen in the background, so I can use it.
I really think this particular subscription is buggy, that's why I would like to ask for a refund.
Thank you for understanding my problem.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK. We are looking into it now.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at one of the items as provided in the email. I no longer have all the logs (pretty old one, Sep 19), however you are most likely right - Gixen places its bid 6 seconds before end, and the history shows that the winning bid was placed 8 seconds before auction end.

Is it possible that the bid placed through Gixen was higher than the one you placed manually? If so, eBay will report successful submission, and the winning status. There is no way for Gixen to know in that case that it did not place the winning bid itself. You can avoid this by submitting exactly the same bid as scheduled in Gixen.

Note that this was never envisioned, that Gixen would sort-of compete with a manual bid of the same bidder.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your reply.
My manual bids were exactly the same amounts as the scheduled Gixen bids.
Should I just bid a couple of cents more when I bid manually so that I officially win?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:

Note that this was never envisioned, that Gixen would sort-of compete with a manual bid of the same bidder.

It can be quite useful though because the Internet does play up sometimes. Around here we use NBN, which has terrible reviews (in particular because of dropouts), 1.4 stars out of 5 based on 475 reviews, so it gives me reassurance to have Gixen in the background. I will try a few cents more than Gixen next time, so it does not think it has won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.