Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Red text on sign up

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stillbluewaters

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Red text on sign up Reply with quote

Hi, what does this mean? I got it on the first page after signing up. When I click the settings link, it says my authorization is good until March 2021.

"Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail."

Thanks for any info or assist.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend that you authorise it again, since the message on the Main page can be generated from interaction with Ebay, whereas the one on the 'Settings' page is only updated at the time you authorise your account to Ebay. It may be that, for some reason, the authorization has been withdrawn on the Ebay site, sometimes things like changing your credentials can do that, but other things could cause it too.

I also recommend logging out and back in again after you have reauthorised, because it can take a short while for the message you are getting to get withdrawn; logging out seems to sometimes trigger that to happen.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed something that looks like a bug. Even after user goes through the (re-)authorization process, the warning message is still present until user logs out / logs back in. There is no harm, but it's confusing for users.

I am looking into this, hopefully I will resolve it soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.