Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Can I use Gixen with an ebay.co.uk account?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snippetygibbet

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject: Can I use Gixen with an ebay.co.uk account? Reply with quote

Ebay id number 25020236831

Hi Mario,
When I try to sign up I get sent to ebay.com to link accounts, but I'm in the UK. Is there a different route to take, or am I out of luck?
Thanks
Sharon
Cupid

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a problem, I am also registered on the Ebay site and have my settings set so that Gixen targets the UK site.

The sign up procedure and authorisation for Gixen to place bids on your behalf just always goes via the US site, but that has no real significance.

Ebay credentials are global in any case.
Mikhail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
It's not a problem, I am also registered on the Ebay site and have my settings set so that Gixen targets the UK site.

The sign up procedure and authorisation for Gixen to place bids on your behalf just always goes via the US site, but that has no real significance.

Ebay credentials are global in any case.

hi, so I tried to use Gixen today for non-US listing (the seller is from UK), and it failed. Does it mean, that if I change my default shipping address to UK address, it will work? Thanks
screenshot attached:
http://imgur.com/a/oGFuYSc
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is a different question, sellers are permitted to block bids from anywhere they choose, and that does indeed relate to where your primary shipping address is.

In this case the seller has enabled:

Postage to: United Kingdom, Antigua and Barbuda, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Republic of, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Australia, Bahrain, Canada, Brazil, Japan, New Zealand, China, Israel, Hong Kong, Norway, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, Korea, South, Switzerland, Thailand, Bangladesh, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, Barbados, Brunei Darussalam, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Ecuador, Egypt, Guernsey, Gibraltar, Guadeloupe, Grenada, French Guiana, Iceland, Jersey, Jordan, Cambodia, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Liechtenstein, Sri Lanka, Macau, Monaco, Maldives, Montserrat, Martinique, Nicaragua, Oman, Pakistan, Peru, Paraguay, Reunion, Turks and Caicos Islands, Aruba, South Africa, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Bahamas, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Kuwait, Qatar, Uruguay, Vietnam

... but evidently that wasn't enough to cover your shipping address. An alternative might be to persuade the seller to open up the shipping to you by altering the listing, before the end. I think they may still be able to set you up as a preferred bidder too, but that option may have now been removed.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Mikhail

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cupid wrote:
Yes, this is a different question

Thanks for a reply, I solved this by changing at my Ebay account preferences the primary shipping address (i have both US and UK addresses) to UK address and today I won the auction using Gixen. Thank you Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.