Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Android App for your smartphone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dark-Audio

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Android App for your smartphone Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new to the Gixen forums, I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I developed an app for Gixen to run on Android phones?
It would be along with the desktop program to sweeten the deal for those paying customers.

To put it simply the app would include:
An eBay search function that would automatically pick out the item numbers if you chose to snipe.
A Gixen control pannel, showing what snipes you have pending allowing you to edit the settings for them.

I was wondering how many of you would be interested and if there are any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
Max
hankemp

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely interested. Great idea.
Wazaweb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Smile
Bruleau

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Android App Reply with quote

Is it in development yet? What's the ETA?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:09 am    Post subject: Android App

jeff1909

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Re: Android App Reply with quote

Bruleau wrote:
Is it in development yet for VoIP? What's the ETA?

I'm wondering this as well.

Let me know.

Thanks,

-Jeff
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff, this is an old thread. No one contacted me about this. I'd absolutely support it.
Korem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chanes they working on it.. I like the interface better here but myibidder has it and may be moving to there
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True Korem, both iphone and android apps are what Gixen needs to have, and doesn't. I'll do my best to get them developed in the following months.

In the meantime, you can use Gixen mobile site at gixen.com/mobile. It's not as convenient as apps, but it's not too bad either.
korem03

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, mario Looking Forward to it
paula

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mario wrote:
Jeff, this is an old thread. No one contacted me about this. I'd absolutely support it.

Hello, are you planning on developing an app for Android? If so, any estimate time or maybe, some recommendation for another app ( I suppose you cannot suggest it, but hey, I'm trying).

We, or at least I need desperately some Gixen Mobile. I like to put a lot of item on my watch list, and when I see I can snipe them, something I'm not at home with my computer Sad and lose the opportunity.

I would LOOOOOOVE some Gixen Mobile or alternative, hope you can do it, I willing to pay!
Cupid

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is already usable mobile interface here:

www.gixen.com/mobile

not ideal, but a good start, I believe.
crogs571

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While a good start, the app would be much more convenient, and you could have a widget on the homescreen of your current snipes, alerts when a sniped auction is ending and so forth. Surprised the thread, for as old as it is, never got the attention before.

Hopefully Mario takes advantage of it. This is the only snipe service I use, so I can't attest to others, but considering he does this free of charge for the most part, I'd do something with the app to bring in revenue. Leave the apps as basic as possible for non mirror users and have features unlock for mirror users (widgets and alerts). Since it's tied to a log in, it'd be easy to implement. Wouldn't even need a registration key or what not.
Henlaur

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: iPhone app Reply with quote

Seriously - do an iPhone app, charge 99c or so and you''ll make an easy $20k.
I''d pay for an app and I think a lot of people here would have no issue with paying either. I know there''s a mirror site etc for those who''d like to pay but I''d feel safer paying for an app on iTunes. A lot of people probably think the same...
Great site and great service. Best of luck.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you checked the home page? Android and iphone apps have been made by third parties, with mixed reviews.
riya

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REALLY GREAT INFORMATION
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Suggestions and Ideas All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.