Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Ebay Authorization revoked

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Snipe456

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject: Ebay Authorization revoked Reply with quote

I have never gotten this message until recently - Your eBay authorization to Gixen has been revoked by eBay. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail - a month or so ago I started getting it and I reauthorized Gixen. within a short period of time it did it again? Is anyone else encountering this problem or know why it keeps happening within a short period of time?
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you changing any of the credentials on Ebay?

It has been noted that if you change your password on Ebay this may revoke Gixens authorisation to place bids for you.

I imagine things like changing the name of your Ebay account might have a similar outcome.

On Ebay you can also revoke the permission that you gave Gixen to bid on your behalf. It's under the 'Account' tab, after selecting the 'Site Preferences' link, under the 'Third-party authorisations' title and it mentions Mario by name, if you have checked the 'Revoke this authorisation' and pressed the 'Apply' button that would also cause this issue.

If it keeps happening it's perhaps worthwhile monitoring that authorisation via Ebay to see if it gets removed, and if so under what circumstances it does.
Snipe456

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject: Ebay Authorization revoked Reply with quote

I understand and that makes sense. This has happened 3 times. The second was because I changed my password, and that made sense. Nothing was changed the first or third time though. I have not changed my screen name or manually unauthorized. Is this something I should talk to eBay about?
hornhifi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less ... Reply with quote

I got the message "Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less than 10 days. Please renew it on the Gixen settings page or your snipes may fail. " Which "settings" are meant, where?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Your ebay authorization has expired or expires in less ...

Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject: Re: Ebay Authorization revoked Reply with quote

Snipe456 wrote:
Is this something I should talk to eBay about?

I doubt that there's much to be gained from that unless you do the extra monitoring that I suggested, before doing so. I doubt Ebay Customer Services reps would have been briefed on this kind of thing.
Cupid

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornhifi wrote:
Which "settings" are meant, where?

Log in here, using the fields above and the Settings page is accessed from the resulting snipes page via the pushing the Settings button near the top (but below the tabs), on the right hand side.

It's the second paragraph of options on that page which starts 'eBay authorization token status'...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.