Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Gixen Tips & Tactics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blagbox

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject: Gixen Tips & Tactics Reply with quote

As a newly signed up paid member I'd be interested to hear if there any specific Gixen tips (or general sniping ones) that others would care to share.

I'm sure most of you are aware of the following one already but maybe there some that aren't so to get the ball rolling......

After importing your Watch List into Gixen, DELETE (unwatch) everything from your eBay account except for any Buy it Nows (which Gixen won't import).

If you DON'T, your interest in an item will be logged and alert other potential bidders that someone else is interested in the same item as them, resulting in them increasing their bid.

If you DO, any existing bidder may be lulled into a false sense of security that no one else is interested in the item they've bid at, or close to Starting Bid for, leaving them unprepared for your final seconds snipe, and you'll win at the lower end of the snipe. 👍🏽
Similarly, if an item has no bids and no watchers someone may put in a low manual bid in the last few minutes thinking that no one else is interested until you Snipe them at the death. 😉
Even if not sniping, and placing a real time bid, it's wise to clear your Watch List. Your bid appears in your Bids/Offers tab so no need to make it look even more popular by keeping it in your Watch List.
juangrande

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my view, the whole point of a sniping service is to be freed from having to worry about what other bidders may or may not be doing. Whether or not you keep the item on your eBay watchlist has (in my view) very little to do with the outcome of an auction.

Thus, the tip I would give a new user is to (1) decide how much you would be willing to pay for an item, and then (2) enter that amount for your bid and then forget about it.

Another tip is to always add a few odd cents to your bid. For example, a bid of $10.11 is much better than a bid of $10.00 (since most inexperienced bidders bid even amounts).

Remember: It is not the last bid that wins, it is the highest bid.

See this ancient thread for a lively discussion regarding this.

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else.
--- Yogi Berra
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Impressions All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.