Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Could not add Item,Error (253): Auth token is Expired

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacky

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 am    Post subject: Could not add Item,Error (253): Auth token is Expired Reply with quote

How do I restore Gixen to Ebay.
I have gone to my account Settings -
Clicked on my name to the left after automatically signing in.
Clicked on the list to to the left - Site Preferences.
Scrolled down to Third party authorisations
Here there are Ebay sectors and Lithium Technologies.
Nothing has been revoked.
I occasionally use a VPN which may have upset something but I can still bid on ebay. In fact did so whilst writing this.
On another post here the directions are
"For the eBay authorization problem - you have to renew it from the settings page."
But his does not help as I am on the setting page for Ebay now and I can't see anything. And when I click setting page on Gixen it give me nothing to resolve this.
I have googled to get an answer is in as many variations as possible.
I am more than willing to join the paid for mirror service here, even though I can't see how the service could be better but appreciate that there Marion needs to have funds coming in.
I am not a total moran and there will be others like me.
So please can someone answer this question in a manner so an idiot can understand it. Better if someone is a little techy and can put a video on you tube.
As of now I can't use Gixen and I want to but my grand daughter a play pen. So this is urgent .....HaHA
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't do this on the Ebay site you do it here on the Gixen site.

You need to log into the site using your Gixen id and password in the fields above.

Once logged in you ned to push the 'Settings' button which is near the top of the snipes page to the right of the 'Scheduled bids' indication of which account you are scheduling bids for.

On the page that comes up look for the 'eBay authorization token status' section, it's the second section.

In that section you need to select the 'Re-authorize Gixen on your eBay account' link and follow the instructions through to conclusion, this will involve you logging into the Ebay site.
Jacky

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject: Could not add Item,Error (253): Auth token is Expired Reply with quote

Hi Mark
I am a little slow and so for the sake of those who follow. Even though this looks like I am logged in here I'm not. And this is why I could not see settings. This is the Gixen site and my name and password have allowed me to be here. When I click log in nothing happens because there is a delay of 12 seconds which is located at the bottom of the page and off screen for me.
Yet when I try it again it goes through quickier.
Perhaps that is because I have now paid for the service. ( I am posting this having extended my authentification)
Now all begins to make sense as the new page appears.
Settings is as Mark above described.
Takes you to a new screen.
Second paragraph click Re-Authorize Gixen on your eBay account.
Also I have signed up for 2 years which only costs $14. As I have said earlier I have not idea if it make a difference. So chose how long you want to pay for. Click and pay. Perhaps someone will tell me that it does as an extra on this post.
I might also add that the anti bot characters are difficult. I have entered mine correctly yet it says I haven't
Hope this helps the next Character.
All the best
Jacky
Cupid

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you don't need to be logged in to use this forum, this is so that even those that have not registered with the service can still participate.

By paying for the Mirror option you increase the reliability of your snipes as you then have two servers working for you to place the bid in the last few seconds of the auction, so if one ever does fail to do so the other steps in to complete the job for you.

There are other benefits, in that other features are also enabled, these are mostly listed on the Settings page, below the options to renew and/or increase your membership of the Mirror option and the option to re-authorise your account with Ebay (as previously discussed on this thread). It also removes the counter that can delay you being able to log quickly into the site.

I imagine you are using a very small screen if things are going on that you can't see while logging in ?
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.