Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Network Error

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bookimage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject: Network Error Reply with quote

eBay item number 382865258690

The item sold for $13.09, even though I left a snipe bid of $14.50 through Gixen Mirror. Your explanation for the failed bid is "Network Error." Why did this happen?
cattykat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

Perhaps your bid was not higher than the minimum bid increment?
Rickajho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.) Based on what Mario said happened I have to assume the "Network Error" occurred on the gixen main server. Did you click on the mirror tab to see what the status was for the bid place by the mirror server?

Did you look at the full bid history at eBay? The item sold for $15.00, not $13.09. If that was your bid placed by g***i for $14.50 you were outbid, which the mirror tab on gixen should reflect accordingly.

Rick
bookimage

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Network Error Reply with quote

Rick, thanks for your response. You're right, eBay indicates the item sold for $15.00, which was the next increment after my bid. It's still unclear to me why I received a "Network Error" message with an indication that the item had sold for $13.09, but at least the Mirror bid did go through.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject: Network Error

Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine it was during this outage caused by the ISP for the main server.

If so the Main server was out of action at that time and is why it would have had that error on the Main tab and it wouldn't have been able to update the final price when the auction had finished either. It's always checking the Mirror server in these circumstances as that runs in a completely different facility.

This is the whole point of having a Mirror subscription, that server succeeds most often when something stops the Main server from doing the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.