Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

failed snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
modmanout

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: failed snipe Reply with quote

could someone please let me know why my snipe failed for ebay item number 163548985395? it went for 77€ even though i had a bid set for 118.50€. the main status says that the auction has ended while the mirror is still "scheduled". i won other items from the same seller leading up to this one with no problem at all, but this one doesn't appear to fired once, much less twice. this was the single item i wanted more than all the others combined, making this especially irritating. what happened?
pinkpalfrey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject: Failed snipe - first time ever Reply with quote

My snipe failed - ÂGBP 10 maximum and the item went for ÂGBP 4.99 <sad face>

Item number 254137183229, ended 9:18pm GMT, 27 February.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

modmanout,

It would certainly be a failure for a snipe to still have a 'Scheduled' status after an auction had completed. Was this immediately after the auction completed, perhaps the status had not updated on the site by the time you looked ?

This is not an issue that anyone has reported having before so please forgive my scepticism about this outcome.

It does take a few seconds after the auction has finished for everything to filter through to the interface.

Does it still have that status now? If not what status does is it displaying now?

Last edited by Cupid on Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pinkpalfrey,

Your item was sold by the seller early when they accepted a 'Best Offer', 4 days into what would have been a 7 day auction had they allowed it to complete.

You can see this on the bids page here.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:18 am    Post subject:

pinkpalfrey

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject: Failed snipe - first time ever - I will wear my specs... Reply with quote

Mark - thank you!
I shall take lessons in reading! Sorry to have bothered you. It's the first time this has happened to me in 15 years...
pp
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

modmanout, found your snipe. Your maximum bid was 58.50, not 118.50, and you were outbid.

You changed your maximum bid from 58.50 to 118.50 almost 4 hours after auction already ended.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.