Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Initial bid before snipe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
esnipr2016

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject: Initial bid before snipe Reply with quote

Hi,
I just wanted to double check this. When sniping an item, do we need to have one initial bid on the item prior to the "snipe max bid" at the end of the auction? So in other words, just bid once on the item whenever and if we are outbid, no problem because obviously we don't want to drive up the item price. I'm looking at an item and I have not bid on it yet so if I snipe it at the end, I just don't want any problems with bids not being accepted because I didn't bid on it at least once before. Hope that is clear.

Thank you
Rickajho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Re: Initial bid before snipe Reply with quote

esnipr2016 wrote:
Hi,
I just wanted to double check this. When sniping an item, do we need to have one initial bid on the item prior to the "snipe max bid" at the end of the auction?

No.

The only times this might be recommended is for people with new eBay accounts, to check if eBay is going to ask you additional security questions that may come up when bidding with a new account. (Gixen has no way to bid if that happens.) Or if there is any question as to whether the seller ships to the location on file on our eBay account. Sellers can block bids based on your shipping location. Typically only a problem if you are crossing national boundaries. Again, gixen can't place a bid if the seller has blocked your bid based on location.

Both of those concerns are eBay issues, not gixen problems. If eBay blocks your test bid for those reasons then gixen won't be able to bid on that item either.

Rick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.