Username
Password
Login is SSL protected. By clicking on "Log in Now" you agree to gixen.com terms of usage.

SearchSearch     

Address restriction

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pathebaby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject: Address restriction Reply with quote

I've just lost a bid because my postal address was set in Belgium and the seller (item192812803475 )only ships to France. That's not a problem for me to set a shipping address in France but since I have not been warned of this problem before the end of the auction, it was too late to change. If I had put a bid directly on EBay, I would not have been this problem since the bid would not have been refused (I did that many time), so it's a fault of gixen. Very disappointed !
Cupid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really wouldn't have had a different outcome had you placed a bid manually.

There is a difference between not setting up the postage options which many sellers do, but still allows you to bid and a seller deliberately restricting the countries that they will allow delivery addresses to be in, which most don't.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I would probably have warned by putting the bid manually but only if I had do so enough time before the end so it's not sure I would have won in that case. Maybe for important bids it's safer to do it manually ? Anyway, it's too late for my bid, so whathever.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your answer. I would probably have been warned by putting the bid manually but only if I had do so enough time before the end so it's not sure I would have won in that case. Maybe for important bids it's safer to do it manually ? Anyway, it's too late for my bid, so whathever.
Gixen
Advertisements

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Cupid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally avoid this issue by only searching for things on my home site.

Things that sellers refuse to send to your shipping address from abroad don't generally appear there even when you ask for all international listings in your search. So I hardly ever get to find things that are blocked from me bidding for this reason.

Small test bids are an option before setting up the snipe at a price you are prepared to pay. If you can bid a small amount manually you can be sure that Gixen can bid a larger amount at the end of the auction.

The only other workable alternative, if you are searching different localised Ebay sites is to set up multiple Ebay accounts with shipping addresses in the countries that those sites primarily cater for. In this case you do however need to be prepared to have the item shipped to that address and also pay for it to be forwarded from there to where you actually want it.
pathebaby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your advice but, again, it's too late for the bid I lost. I should definitely had bid manually to have been warned I had to change the delivery address. Bad luck I had to face this Gixen limitation with an important bid and not a "normal" one...
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pathebaby wrote:
Gixen limitation

As explained earlier in this thread, it really isn't, it's just how Ebay works, and they are the ones providing sellers with the ability to block bids from accounts with shipping addresses that they don't want to send things to, this is not something Gixen can influence in any way.
mario
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The result would be no different had you bid manually.
pathebaby

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario, the result would have been different since I would have been warned and I could have changed the shipping address. But anyway, it's too late.
Cupid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the shipping address isn't a realistic option for the vast majority of Ebay users though.

So, it's quite an unusual circumstance that you are complaining about which requires, first that you are searching outside your home site, second that the seller has chosen to restrict the areas they allow bids to come from, third that the buyer has the ability to choose a different shipping address in an area that the seller is prepared to ship to and finally that you choose to use an automated system, like Gixen, to place your bids at the last second.

As I've said if you are doing this routinely it really is advisable to set up multiple Ebay accounts each with shipping addresses within the area covered by the Ebay site that you choose to search and use those different accounts accordingly to schedule your bids with the automated service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Gixen.com Forum Index -> Support All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

© 2006 - 2023 Gixen.com. Forum powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group.